A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Fiesty....i feel the pain of shortened daylight hours too. Not my favorite time of year. Also, its finally cooling off enough here i had to dig out my socks!

Holm...are you getting hens from Ralphie! Ralphie...are you still taking Mr. T, or are you going to focus on APA colors.

Feedman, R2elk....where have you guys been? Hunting? For you deer hunters....someone here in Tennessee hot a buck with a 47 point rack. It was a knarly mess....cant figure out how that poor guy could even raise his head!

I had another tape of Judy and the turkeys, however Judy made it impossible for me to post it. We came back from the Dr. and my knee was extremely sore so I could not move fast enough. She was driving, I saw the turkeys on the deck.

I was standing by the car when she went completely nutso over the turkeys. I started recording it and it was going to be a GREAT video.

Then she saw me recording her and turned her fury on me, (for no good reason, I might add).. The words she used made the video unusable. If I posted it I would be on here I would be in detention for a month. Trust me it was funny, she even grabbed a broom to chase them. ( Brooms are something she has a particular attachment too, if she is not riding it she is chasing something with it)

Hopefully I can get a better video soon.....without her seeing me record it...

Turkeys are a great therapy animal, let me tell you what. I hadn't had my birds since Monday morning, drove past a car wreck that was as bad as my worst call when I was a firefighter so I was having problems all week. Get home last night, get my Rio Grande Wild Tom who loves to cuddle at night and this morning I do feel better not great but better

I agree. They are just the right size for a great hug, as long as they don't notice my wedding ring. And I love how soft their feathers are. And the cute chirpy noises. My two year old gobbles at them to try and get the tom to gobble back.

PTSD is even more taboo in the fire service than the military so it's hard to talk about it among other firefighters and is often overlooked by therapists because they don't hear about many cases from the fire service. So my treatment is self proscribed even though turkeys and chickens are recognized by the VA as PTSD treatment animals figure the Veterans Affairs Medical Services recognize them they must be good for a puny firefighter.

Ralph...what about Snitch? He/she seemed to have lapper potential!

I think she does. I have decided she is a she... I have not had time to sit with her and try and tame her any. Maybe I can shortly. I might have to separate her from the flock for a week or so, but I would hate to have that ruin her position in the flock. (even though I think she is the bottom).

I can still pick up and sit next to JJ but as a Tom he is not a luvable as a hen.

I do have "cuddles" my SS rooster that likes to hug, so I am not hugless...

I heard a "quacking" today, it was not quite like Ethel's quack but it was close. Holm should be happy with her. He liked Ethel's quack.

Back
Top Bottom