A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I think she does. I have decided she is a she...    I have not had time to sit with her and try and tame her any.  Maybe I can shortly.   I might have to separate her from the flock for a week or so, but I would hate to have that ruin her position in the flock. (even though I think she is the bottom).

I can still pick up and sit next to JJ but as a Tom he is not a luvable as a hen.

I do have "cuddles"  my SS rooster that likes to hug, so I am not hugless...

I heard a "quacking" today, it was not quite like Ethel's quack but it was close.  Holm should be happy with her. He liked Ethel's quack.

I will agree with one thing toms are not nearly as loveable as hens thankfully even though I have the Tom this time my wife's hen comes up and sits with me the RGWs have a very different temperament than the BBB but they're protective and show a little more love than the others.

We discovered that our two BBB toms fight over us. Our BBB toms get into these vicious fights the same one looses all the time but they fight day in and day out. My mother came over to watch our birds while we were gone she said the whole time we were gone they never fought, but this morning they set to fighting again we had to come to the big city for a couple more days so my mother stayed and watched them again as soon as we were out of sight they stopped fighting. These two are funny just wish they weren't broad breasted

So Snitch is a hen!! As it gets cooler down here I really appreciate my lappers. I tuck my hands under their wings and stay cozy! Ralphie, you really need to start working with Snitch. Judy could sit on the deck with her as a hand cozy! She may change her attitude about the birds on the deck if she had her own lapper!

So Snitch is a hen!! As it gets cooler down here I really appreciate my lappers. I tuck my hands under their wings and stay cozy! Ralphie, you really need to start working with Snitch. Judy could sit on the deck with her as a hand cozy! She may change her attitude about the birds on the deck if she had her own lapper!

Judy considered Ethel her turkey. Judy still chased her off the deck. This bunch of poults are extra ordinarily friendly, in that the follow us everywhere. If we are in the barn, they are by the barn. If we are in the house, they on the deck.

If we leave, the sit on the deck and wait for us. BUT none of them want to be lappers. They have not really fought me the few times I have had to pick them up or carry them.

I do the same thing, they are SO warm under all those feathers :) Between Romeo, Cuddles, Eve and even Juliet lately, my fingers don't get the chance to get cold lol

Yep...better than mittens! Don't loose your opportunity to turn Snitch into a lapper Ralphie!

(Somewhere R2elk is rolling his eyes)

Glad to see that Juliet has turned lapper! :lol:

Why didn't I think of tucking my hands under wings???? That sounds super cozy!

Ralph - I don't remember seeing a picture of Snitch yet.... have you posted one?

My excitement for the weekend so far has been watching a pheasant hang out with my birds. Pheasants are not native here, so they release them for hunting season I believe. One or two always find their way here and stay for awhile. It's pretty cute to watch them sit on the fence and chat with the turkeys and chickens in their run. Every time I go outside this dude is sitting on the fence around the garden chatting with my birds. I can get pretty close before he hops down and jogs away - he always looks at me like I ruined his day and then comes back as soon as I leave. Terrible photo, but all I had was my phone. The birds seem to enjoy his company :rolleyes:

Wow...thats really cool Feisty! Yep...Daisy is my main hand warmer! She'd be an asset at one of those cold football games. Nice lap & hand warmer! I keep trying to promote other uses for turkeys besides table fare. Therapy bird, football game warmers, and i thought everone going to the Olympics this year should have packed a lapper for mosquito control.

Turkey Pictures:

(below) Turkeys waiting for Judy to turn her back and take the deck.

Below is Snitch. I was giving her lapper practice. She was not really all into it.

(below) a bronze and Royal Palm Baby and JJ strutting.

(below) This is a Minnesota Black, no Spanish in him at all.

And one more of Snitch.

Snitch is darling! What a cutie. Did you give her treats while you held her? I see lapper potential. Doesn't sound like she gave you a turkey beat down !

JJ ...handsome as usual! So are the rest! The flock looks great. Love how they are gathered at the deck.

Back
Top Bottom