A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Where has everyone been hiding? I came out to catch up on my bird fix and no one is here :)

Sitting under a palm tree catching up on my reading is something that I could get used to - but probably shouldn't as I must go home in a few days :barnie

Nice
Canary palm, Washingtonia palm, and a Cicas "palm" you have there!

Last edited:
Where has everyone been hiding? I came out to catch up on my bird fix and no one is here :)

Sitting under a palm tree catching up on my reading is something that I could get used to - but probably shouldn't as I must go home in a few days :barnie

It looks so nice there! Everything melted here the other day and turned into a big muddy mess then refroze the next day. I can't wait to enjoy beautiful WARM weather again!

Howdy Feisty!! Its just beautiful there! It would be hard for me to return to winter after that!! Did you ever get to FaceTime Big Bird?? :lol:

I had the girls out front picking weeds when I noticed my 80 year old neighbor, three doors down, trying to roll her trash bin to the curb. She uses a walker. Scared the heck out of me! Went sprinting down ther to help. Just got to her when I heard incoming turkeys in flight. They were both flying after me. Not high, but in the air for awhile. Never have seen them both in the air at once. Looked pretty cool. So that was the highlight of my soggy weekend. My neighbor didn't break a hip & my girls got in some fly time! :rolleyes:

No eggs yet...slackers!

Hi Feisty,,,

And of course the rest of you.

I have been busy so not much time here. I pop on when I see something though too much.

I had a guy here yesterday picking up a trailer, and one of my Royal Palm Toms attacked him. I have 2 and they are both PITA's. They are going into a pen really soon. I saw a hen offer herself up to the Toms yesterday. So breeding season must be here and I am not ready.

Also the same RP Tom attacked Judy yesterday. Judy now carries her leaf blower wherever she goes. They really do not like that. I am kind of surprised JJ did not protect Judy like he does me. I find it so funny when they try to sneak up on me JJ intervenes and kicks their butts.

No Toms got her that I know of. Sidekick tried, but JJ knocked him out of the saddle. But I cannot count on this happening every time and I know JJ might take one up pretty soon.

Maybe it me...but there is something different with Royal Palms! I'm wondering if there are slight temperament traits between turkey varieties. Like with dog breeds. Certain chicken varieties have definate differences. For example, game fowl & silkies. Just from observation and reading I'm beginning to wonder about this.

Hey everyone just wanted to say for whatever reason our two hens are for sure laying regularly. I get one or two turkey eggs every evening. We had a bit of that nasty ice storm but not near what they forecast we would. I've been trapped at home since Christmas with all 5 kids at home. Schools out today again for Martin Luther king day I think it is. Have lost track of time I think. About to go live with the birds if school doesn't stay in cession for the rest of the week. And of course it's raining here so can't even go outside. Anyways just wanted to let you all know my turkeys are positively laying. Hope everyone is doing well!

Being house bound with 5 kids would probably drive me out to my coop! Hang in there! Feedman is not far from you...wonder if his hens are laying yet...

Will you be incubating any of your turkey eggs??

Being house bound with 5 kids would probably drive me out to my coop! Hang in there! Feedman is not far from you...wonder if his hens are laying yet...

Will you be incubating any of your turkey eggs??

I would drive to feedmans regardless of how far it is, visit and leave, "forgetting 4-5 kids there when I left...

Back
Top Bottom