A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Holm - Mabel looks great, glad she recovered!

Stephcraig - Can't wait to see what you get for a tom. Wish I lived closer, I have several more than I need lol. Good thing they're sweet or DH probably wouldn't let me keep them!

Aurora - Adam sounds like he's being quite the PITA (I feel the same about my Turkules, but apparently he's behaving while I'm away and has not been sent to freezer camp yet).

Memphis - I can just picture your girls flapping down the street after you while you were helping your neighbor :)

Wow, I really miss my birds (and DH).... it will be so good to see them at the end of this week!!!

I would love to get another blue slate or maybe a royal palm. But what would the babies look like from a cross of either of those two and the rio grande and narangesette (doesn't look spelled right) hens? Maybe I should go for a bourbon red or darker tom? What do you guys think?

Go over to the Porter calculator. You can plug in any combo! Its very addictive!

Fiesty, glad you mentioned you missed your DH too! :gig

I do miss my girls when I travel. They are so silly & clingy when I get back, I think they miss me to. At least I tell myself they do.

Some of you will be happy..

Snitch has enrolled in Lapper school... R2elk I know you're disappointed in me. I am sorry I will try harder next year.

Here she is on the first day of school getting use to her room..

And as a result of winning a scholarship to Lapper School she gets a shiny new red leg band. A leg band means she will not be leaving, but gets to live here! She is so excited..

She picked Lucky Number 13.....No one said she was smart...

Some of you will be happy.. Snitch has enrolled in Lapper school... R2elk I know you're disappointed in me. I am sorry I will try harder next year. Here she is on the first day of school getting use to her room.. And as a result of winning a scholarship to Lapper School she gets a shiny new red leg band. A leg band means she will not be leaving, but gets to live here! She is so excited.. She picked Lucky Number 13.....No one said she was smart...
That's awesome Ralphie! Does she let you pet her without freaking out? Do you have her alone to know which eggs are hers or just to get her friendly?

@memphis I think she is pretty decent too, her back in not overly humped, her breast bone is good and straight. She had really developed in the last few months. Her frame is getting quite large. Her legs have picked up size.

I like her color so that is why I put her in the cage. I want to keep her from having sex with every Tom, Tom or Tom that comes along. I think she could be kind of a loose woman.

I want to control who she mates with and when. I am going to be grabbing a couple more and moving inside too. It is kind of a turkey chastity belt when they are in a dog kennel.

I am going to put two RP hens inside soon and 2 bronze hens. Maybe one black. I do not have a bronze Tom so I have to figure out which one to mate with to get the most bronze.

Holm,,,read above that is why she is in. She is not loving being in school.

Some of you will be happy..

Snitch has enrolled in Lapper school... R2elk I know you're disappointed in me. I am sorry I will try harder next year.

Here she is on the first day of school getting use to her room..

And as a result of winning a scholarship to Lapper School she gets a shiny new red leg band. A leg band means she will not be leaving, but gets to live here! She is so excited..

She picked Lucky Number 13.....No one said she was smart...
If you have to have a "lapper" it is far better that it is a hen than a tom. 13 is one of the luckiest numbers there is.

@memphis I think she is pretty decent too, her back in not overly humped, her breast bone is good and straight. She had really developed in the last few months. Her frame is getting quite large. Her legs have picked up size.

I like her color so that is why I put her in the cage. I want to keep her from having sex with every Tom, Tom or Tom that comes along. I think she could be kind of a loose woman.

I want to control who she mates with and when. I am going to be grabbing a couple more and moving inside too. It is kind of a turkey chastity belt when they are in a dog kennel.

I am going to put two RP hens inside soon and 2 bronze hens. Maybe one black. I do not have a bronze Tom so I have to figure out which one to mate with to get the most bronze.

Holm,,,read above that is why she is in. She is not loving being in school.

If you mate your Bronze hens to JJ, you have a 12.5% chance of producing some Bronze poults. I believe that is the only mating that can produce more Bronzes for you in the first generation. As a side benefit you have the same percent chance of producing Blue Red Bronze and Red Slates.

Royal Palm - b1b1 cgcg dd nn
Bronze - bb CC dd NN
Blue Slate - BB CC Dd NN
Self Blue - BB CC DD NN
JJ - Bb CC Dd NN Rr

If you had a Narragansett tom, crossing him with the Bronze hens would produce 50% Bronze toms (split to Narragansett) and 50% Narragansett hens.

Back
Top Bottom