A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have other hens you can pick from... I think this guy would look good in your freezer.

I wish I could find someone that needed a good looking red-blue bronze Tom. He will be huge when full grown and is pretty meek and mellow for me to not be able to tell he was a tom.

I will let you know on the tom. Mr. T does good with other males but idk how other males do with him. They might beat the he11 out of the poor guy lol. He isn't that big!

At the end of the slumber party, when the girls were all leaving a couple of them had to drag their parents out back to meet the birds lol. It was rather funny :) They really liked them! The one patent was nervous around birds and kept watching Romeo closely since he was following her around. The other parent said that she's going to try to talk her dad into getting chickens since they can't have any at their house :)

I know where there is a Royal Palm that they should be afraid of. Stupid thing tried to jump me today. I thought he was behind me so a swung my foot around and caught him square in the chest. He kept his distance for a while. He was 15 ft or so away from me I stopped and stared at him and he turned and walked away.

Snitch did so good, today I decided to let her walk around inside the pole barn while I built cages. Here she is "presenting herself " to the legbar rooster I showed last fall. I had to bring him inside he was so sick from the frostbite. He has been inside for several weeks now. I think he just likes to be near me, he follows me around like Bert does.

I told snitch not to do this, as the rooster had no self control, BUT Snitch would not listen.

It wasn't three minutes after I snapped the last picture, and had my back turned working when I heard Snitch screaming "rape" The rooster was going to town on her, and she was scared to death. I got him off her and she followed me around for about a half hour. Then she went exploring and refused to come to me when I wanted her.

Well it took a couple of hours but the barn and the coop are clean! Feeling very accomplished lol. Took the girls out to run for a bit (they haven't been out of their runs since I left). I think Big Bird misses Coco, she's now chumming around with my Cochin. I may start looking for another turkey hen soon...

Awww...Big Bird needs a new buddy!

Snitch...tsk, tsk! In the first picture that roo looks like he's doing a double take. He can't believe his luck! :lau

Its beyond me why shes molting NOW!

Ralph, all my birds love exploring my garage. Bet Snitch had a blast! All kinds of thing to inspect. Had all kinds of fun tools out today working in the yard. Turkeys were fully engaged. They just have to stck their beaks into everything!

So do most of ya'll have your turkeys sorted into breeding pens? Aurora, do you sort yours into breeding pens? Feisty, will you let Big Bird have a close encounter with one of the Bourbon Boys?

Ralph, all my birds love exploring my garage. Bet Snitch had a blast! All kinds of thing to inspect. Had all kinds of fun tools out today working in the yard. Turkeys were fully engaged. They just have to stck their beaks into everything!

So do most of ya'll have your turkeys sorted into breeding pens? Aurora, do you sort yours into breeding pens? Feisty, will you let Big Bird have a close encounter with one of the Bourbon Boys?

Nope, my idea of seperating them is letting Romeo out with the escapees lol

Don't have them sorted yet.
But gonna have 3 pens.

Palms, bourbons and narris.

Back
Top Bottom