A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

ARG!
he.gif
That is her first egg, hopefully the rest will be larger. This egg is slightly smaller than one of my leghorn's eggs. Clearly neither a maran or leghorn egg as its identical to yours on the right.

Here's a pic of them...

The brown is Maran and the whites are leghorn... Then there's the speckle...

Definitely a turkey egg. Young hens especially small ones do tend to lay smaller than normal eggs.

I think Queenie is thinking about going broody now :/ She was hogging the nest this evening and was hissing at me when I interrupted her. I really need these Firma to keep laying for a little while longer!

Hey folks. Been traveling on business. Arizona this time. Glad to be home. Apparently my chickens started laying again this week while i was gone. But no turkey eggs yet. Anxious to see the girls. It was too late last night to see them.

Thanks Holm! Hope no one takes offence, but the desert landscape is sure not my cup of tea. Lots of rock....and its just sort of brown. Although the cacti are pretty cool.

Welcome back of your business trip.

Glad too hear your chickens quit slacking.

Bet Annie and daisy missed you as much as you missed them

Welcome back Memphis!

Congrats on the new poults Bantam!

My firms have really stepped it up a notch. At least they did yesterday anyway. I got 5 eggs from them! That's the most I've even gotten in a day. Queenie is attempting to go broody now :/ She's been hogging the favorite nest and I have to keep kicking her out. She's started huffing and hissing at me though. She's not exactly the most friendly turkey as it is, I don't want to see her as a broody mama. It may be very scary lol

Back
Top Bottom