A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

We also had a gorgeous day today! I just wanted to be outside all day.

First thing this morning, I watched my muscovy, Ebony, run out of the coop and wiggle her butt under the turkey coop. I thought I had that blocked off enough to keep everyone out. Apparently, not good enough to keep ducks out. It took me at least 45 minutes to move everything away from the edges, dig around in the leaves underneath, and pull out the 5 duck eggs that were under there. Then I had to put it all back. After breakfast, I went out and attached the net to the kids trampoline. I swear that is my least favorite part of spring. Such a pain in the butt! Then this afternoon, I took the old frame to the frame pool we used to have and put it all together to make a tractor for the meaties were getting next month. I have 5 CX and 4 older poults that are going to try it out for me here in a few days.

Years ago I kept getting a newspaper from a neighboring town. They would pile up at the end of the driveway and make a mess. I called a couple of times explaining I DIDN'T WANT THEIR PAPER IN MY YARD....Didn't do any good... I then went to the trouble of finding the editors home number. I explained the problem. I then went on in great detail how I would SAVE every subsequent paper. How I'd wait until I had a pickup truck load that I would then bring to his address ( had it too :) )and unload them in HIS YARD. I must have been convincing. Never got another paper.

Feisty..."Fishy" seems appropriate with the weather your having! Glad your birds got out. Big Bird looks good soaking up some rays!

I was late for Turkey Tuck In....found them perched on the back porch rail waiting for me. The chickens put themselves to bed, but the turkeys will try to roost on my porch. I could get them down & march them off to the coop...however, I pick each one off the rail & carry their fat butts to their coop & install them on their roost. They are tired, its almost dark & I get in a few good hugs on the way. I'm pathetic!

Feisty..."Fishy" seems appropriate with the weather your having! Glad your birds got out. Big Bird looks good soaking up some rays!

I was late for Turkey Tuck In....found them perched on the back porch rail waiting for me. The chickens put themselves to bed, but the turkeys will try to roost on my porch. I could get them down & march them off to the coop...however, I pick each one off the rail & carry their fat butts to their coop & install them on their roost. They are tired, its almost dark & I get in a few good hugs on the way. I'm pathetic!
lau.gif

I KNEW IT! I could just imagine you rolling yor eyes at me tucking in my turks! BUT they are half asleep and cuddly! Its hard for me to resist a cuddly turkey hen. The other thing thats cool is early in the morning. I start running the dogs around 4:30. Its still dark & as I pass their coop I always say "morning girls"....and from the depths of their darkend coop they quietly trill back to me. Nothing better than that quiet & sleepy morning trill.

You do all make me laugh! :) as for round here I have people ask if you can actually eat turkey eggs?!

Turkeys are just not common and generally got bad press from what people have heard.

Also it scares me to hear of you dealing with tornadoes!
And on a regular basis! I mean I find it crazy to think of.
Hope everyone stays safe.

Anyway Delilah has started laying again and I'm planning on popping them in the incubator.
I've read a lot of different ways to store before and about turning during.

Could you possibly simplify for me please.

Back
Top Bottom