A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My terrible week is over at work. About 97 hours in 6 days.

Haven't had any rain for 2 days and there is a big orange thing in the sky I haven't seen in a couple of weeks. The moat around my house has finally dried up.

Got my tractor going that has my 5 tiller on it. So I did some gardening today. 2 rows of sweet corn. 2 rows of green beans. 100 onion bulbs. And 12 tomato plants. Rows are 80 feet long.

My narris are laying almost daily. My palms are laying but slacking. My bourbons every other day. I have almost 80 turkey eggs waiting on incubator space. Will have that starting wed. When some chickens move to the hatcher.

Still have 2 weeks on my first set of turkey eggs. They seem to take forever.

Ralphie: Congrats on your new bug eyed babies. As already stated I'm jealous as well.

Hey Feedman....glad to see you survived and that the sun is shinning!!

Sunburn!! Annie love to spread out in the sun. Her head doesn't have the feathers on it that Daisy's does. Was just wondering if she could burn her bald head....

bow.gif
She was asking about sunburn not oven burn!!!
lau.gif

I find more turkeys need oven protection than sun...

LOL!! My spoiled turkey girls won't have to worry about an oven! Annie loves to snooze in the sun...i was just curious about sunburn on her bald snood! Weather was great this weekend. Spent the most of it in the yard. Wore out the turkeys! Was working in the front beds, they sprawled out in the yard for a snooze. My neighbors find humor in me working like crazy while the girls are lounging about. But to be fair, they do eat a bunch of weeds.

I was wondering why I haven't been getting eggs from my turkey girls lately (half the girls are broody but still!). Turns out thar they broke through my fence that I set up to block the list in their coop and started a nest back there. I pulled 6 eggs from the back of the loft this morning after I pulled out the garden fence and found the stash. Goofy birds! I'll be fixing tar barrier today.

Queenie moved out this weekend too. Hopefully her new owner will enjoy her company. 4 8 week old poults are moving out to the coop today (in a seperation pen of course) and Adam will be heading to the freezer soon.

I think that's all that's new.

Oh! And Sprinkles is becoming very silly! He cries to be left out of the brooder, climbs up one arm, down the other, flies to the top of the brooder, cries them foes back on my head lol.

LOL! Dang turkey girls can be so inovative! My ergonomically designed nests are in their pen. And they use them. They each use their own nest. However.....if the are out with me and feel the need to lay they are liable to do anything! I can tell when they are getting ready to lay...PES (pre-egg-sydrome). They will crawl under bushes or try to hide in the garage, explore every nook or cranny they can stick their beaks into. All while their pen door is wide open & they have access to their nests.

Aurora - we need new Sprinkles pics! Sounds like a handful :). Which tom are you replacing Adam with?

Memphis - Big Bird is the same as your girls, she usually uses the nest box except if she is distracted - then she drops her egg wherever is convenient in the moment :rolleyes:

Aurora - we need new Sprinkles pics! Sounds like a handful :). Which tom are you replacing Adam with?

Memphis - Big Bird is the same as your girls, she usually uses the nest box except if she is distracted - then she drops her egg wherever is convenient in the moment :rolleyes:

I'll try to get new Sprinkles pictures here in a few minutes. Adam will be replaced by one of the 3 red poults that are growing out now. I definitely heard one of them gobble last week so I know I have a tom in there. For the rest of this season though, Romeo will lead the flock. I won't be setting eggs for too much longer. Not that it matters since the girls aren't sharing lol.

Back
Top Bottom