A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

So much wind also today. NOAA says that it is going at 50 mph. That is the most wind that we have gotten here in months and months.

40-50 winds here overnight. Calmer now. Starts again tonight. This was our rain total overnight

Super chuffed :) I've just found a local source of fertile turkey eggs to incubate which means I can keep 2 girls for my Tommy.

Ive heard some say that they are setting turkey and chicken eggs in the incubator at the same time what about quail?

Sorry to hear of the bad weather you all having.

Super chuffed
smile.png
I've just found a local source of fertile turkey eggs to incubate which means I can keep 2 girls for my Tommy.

Ive heard some say that they are setting turkey and chicken eggs in the incubator at the same time what about quail?

Sorry to hear of the bad weather you all having.

It all depends on whether you want staggered hatches or if you want one hatch. For one hatch, set the turkey eggs then seven days later set the chicken eggs. A quick look at quail egg incubation indicates anywhere from 16 to 18 days so you would add the quail eggs approximately 4 days after the chicken eggs.

You folks talk about crazy weather. It was 29 degrees at 2:00 AM this morning (Don't ask why I was up then). Then at 5:07 PM it was past 120, and at 6:40PM just under 70. Going to be mid 20's tonight. Why I haven't lost more birds I don't know? We're doing the best we can.

The truth be known, it didn't feel bad today outside as the frigid breeze kept the temp feeling comfortable. In any case, these temp swings seem nuts to me.

You folks talk about crazy weather. It was 29 degrees at 2:00 AM this morning (Don't ask why I was up then). Then at 5:07 PM it was past 120, and at 6:40PM just under 70. Going to be mid 20's tonight. Why I haven't lost more birds I don't know? We're doing the best we can. The truth be known, it didn't feel bad today outside as the frigid breeze kept the temp feeling comfortable. In any case, these temp swings seem nuts to me.
Insanity. You may keep that.

BantyChooks....whats a "Hab"?

My girls were busy today. Sun bathing, dust baths, helping me in the garden...they were exhausted! I spent the day outside so they didn't get their afternoon naps. So tired they could barely hop up on their roosts!

Did I read 
Did I read somewhere that you're in Australia?  If so, where abouts?

LOL, no, I'm not that far south.

BantyChooks....whats a "Hab"?

My girls were busy today. Sun bathing, dust baths, helping me in the garden...they were exhausted! I spent the day outside so they didn't get their afternoon naps. So tired they could barely hop up on their roosts!

Nickname of the Montreal Canadiens, the best hockey team to walk skate the earth.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom