A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

IMO, that many foamy poops is something to take mind of... a single one might not be anything, but several would make me pause... foamy poops could be sign of cocci, worms or blackhead... I would get more poop pics, of different ones and check with @casportpony
One avian vet told me that foam = protozoa, and I can confirm that the one time I saw foamy poop in poults it was blackhead (histomoniasis), and once in peafowl it was coccidiosis. Other people have reported that in their birds it was worms. Whatever the cause, foamy poops are never normal in my flock.

Cecal poops should be smooth, kind of like peanut butter.

One avian vet told me that foam = protozoa, and I can confirm that the one time I saw foamy poop in poults it was blackhead (histomoniasis), and once in peafowl it was coccidiosis. Other people have reported that in their birds it was worms. Whatever the cause, foamy poops are never normal in my flock.

I agree... :thumbsup

The first time I encountered cecal poop I went into a full blown panic. They can projectile submit it and it stinks to high heaven. That said it was just normal.
Peafowl are notorious for evacuating their ceca when being handled. Seems every time I pick one up they dump their load on me.

It is sure nice to have Dr of poopology here to help us. Poop can be so confusing because so much of it looks a like, smells alike and it all tastes the same...

Back
Top Bottom