A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Happy Turkey day!...
I will be turkeyless today.. The Reigning WWN has to work today. It will be my last major holiday where I can run around the house without pants on.....As she will be retiring before she has to work another major holiday...

I am hoping I will survive the stress of having her around on the holidays....
Happy turkey day:jumpy
Light weight Sweats are comfy... l think they call them lounge pants now....almost as good as pantless... maybe she will find them acceptable

Good luck with both of you retired.... you will be spending a lot of time evaluating birds:gig

Happy turkey day:jumpy
Light weight Sweats are comfy... l think they call them lounge pants now....almost as good as pantless... maybe she will find them acceptable

Good luck with both of you retired.... you will be spending a lot of time evaluating birds:gig

I assume she will spend a lot of time riding around on her broom though, to avoid helping me with the birds......She has not decided when to retire yet. She turns 65 in Feb, but she may work until 66, who knows, she just does not have any call holidays on her schedule for 20 months.

Happy Turkey day!...
I will be turkeyless today.. The Reigning WWN has to work today. It will be my last major holiday where I can run around the house without pants on.....As she will be retiring before she has to work another major holiday...

I am hoping I will survive the stress of having her around on the holidays....

I kinda enjoy when my mister runs round pantless... :drool :wee :oops:

43BA3660-77C5-47BF-99EE-90BDB296282A.jpeg

Not the picture perfect pic... but he sure was yummy! Paul had already started to pull off his legs before i remembered to snap it. And not sure why he look really dark on his loins there cause he wasnt. I jus suck at pics lol!

View attachment 1597340

Not the picture perfect pic... but he sure was yummy! Paul had already started to pull off his legs before i remembered to snap it. And not sure why he look really dark on his loins there cause he wasnt. I jus suck at pics lol!
:drool
looks good to me

My deconstructed bird came out fantastic, braising the legs and thighs had two benefits, they were fork tender and juicy and the residual liquid really kicked up the gravy. My first time cooking a two year old tom. The breast skin was flavorful but kind of like rubber. But OH the meat underneath was fabulous. Downside, again got very little fat. 1/3 cup from the breast and another 1/3 from the stock. Basically the neck and back. Most of the fat was from the legs and thighs, but it was just too dark for me. But about a half cup.

The turkeys mixed up their holidays and gave me a Thanksgiving present! I got two eggs from them this evening! That means, I guess I'm hatching turkeys for New year's lol

It's very frigid Here tonight. Real feel says 19° out. I'm getting ready to meet up with my friend to go shopping. I think as long as we don't have to wait in any lines outside, we might be ok lol

Back
Top Bottom