A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Mine seem to lose weight in the winter, no matter what or how much I feed them.

Mine do too. You'd think with the amount that they eat and their low activity level, they would gain weight. I guess only spoiled rotten southern turkeys do :)

Baldy went to baby turkey heaven today...The rest are doing great...:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl

I'm sorry :(

I experimented today and attempted to make a quail saddle and a Serama saddle. The quail one needs to be a bit smaller. The hens I tried it on were NOT happy about it lol. The Serama one needs to be a little wider but otherwise seems good :)

DSCN0379.JPG
DSCN0382.JPG

DSCN0397.JPG
DSCN0402.JPG

Haven't checked into this thread for a while, but I have quite a story to share.
Just a week ago a raccoon got in and got a couple of my turkeys, so we decided to move them to another coop that was bulletproof. Somehow, we miscounted out birds back then, and just this morning we sort of had a miracle bird that must have been hiding out somewhere from the raccoon (the snow is so high that the birds could fly over the fence). It just showed up and seems to be perfectly healthy still. Even with a 20-inch snow storm in the last week.
Just thought I'd share this and see if anyone else has an experience like this.

Haven't checked into this thread for a while, but I have quite a story to share.
Just a week ago a raccoon got in and got a couple of my turkeys, so we decided to move them to another coop that was bulletproof. Somehow, we miscounted out birds back then, and just this morning we sort of had a miracle bird that must have been hiding out somewhere from the raccoon (the snow is so high that the birds could fly over the fence). It just showed up and seems to be perfectly healthy still. Even with a 20-inch snow storm in the last week.
Just thought I'd share this and see if anyone else has an experience like this.
Turkeys are tough and can be survivalists. I kicked a tom out that was being tough on the hens and let him forage on his own. He had running water and safe places to roost. He was foraging on his own for at least 3 months. When I processed him, he had a good heavy layer of fat and weighed more than when I kicked him out of the run.

Today's visitor. We had a face to face encounter at about a 4' to 5' distance.
full

It just looked at me as if to say "Why are you disturbing my sleep?"
Wow- amazing photo!

I assumed that you would SSS unlike the idiot that shot an owl and posted pictures of him and the dead owl on Facebook.

https://www.weatherforddemocrat.com...cle_8083283a-8659-5d75-8b5a-e896a6840d98.html

:facepalm
Did he think SSS stood for shoot, shovel and SHOUT?!

Have y'all seen that animated tv commercial featuring a turkey hen? Hen does the yard work. I want that hen!!!!
I had to look this up, as I rarely watch TV. Cute commercial, but that garage scene at the end... something not right... no turkey poop on the floor...

Baldy went to baby turkey heaven today...The rest are doing great...:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl
Aw, sad about Baldy :(

Back
Top Bottom