A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Mine is J L Bar Farm, after my dad's family brand. I wanna know all yours now. I shared mine! The j and the l are joined along the shaft eith the bar underlining and it's a 2 iron brand. I've been begging dad to take a picture of the brand or burn it into an old piece of barnwood for me to mount, but he left it at his partner's house because they do the spring branding over there.

This is probably gonna sound bad but does anyone else get hungry when they visit their turkeys? I dont mind the pet turkey and breeder..but the others are starting to look mighty tastey...
I have been looking at the oldest poults that way :drool Still have a couple of months to go

Mine is J L Bar Farm, after my dad's family brand. I wanna know all yours now. I shared mine! The j and the l are joined along the shaft eith the bar underlining and it's a 2 iron brand. I've been begging dad to take a picture of the brand or burn it into an old piece of barnwood for me to mount, but he left it at his partner's house because they do the spring branding over there.

That would be such an awesome thing to mount! If you ever do that, please share a picture!

I don't have a farm to share the name of. We just have a little over an acre with State game lands behind us. Maybe someday though! We're calling the business One Mountain Acres because we have 1 acre in the mountains lol

Bantambird & Aurora....I like both names. And the meanings behind them.

Skipper....no....I don't look at my turkey girls as little smoked dinners running around.
I agree, even though many of mine are destined for dinner-hood. They don’t look like food to me until the feathers are off. Then the emotionally hard part is over and I can start thinking about smoked bird (which IS delish).

Back
Top Bottom