A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

So. We have an unauthorized incubator on the hillsite. Thanks for the great word @R2elk lol! She was sittin by paul’s shop in a small thicket when we finally found her.... we put her and her wares in the jail cell. She immediately snuggled down. Eesh! Did not want anymore turks this year. But i could see spyballs when i candled so i could not throw them out. Old softie that i am.

Then. This lady on a fb farm page is lookin for “as many hens and toms as she can get”.

So i ask how many is that. 2 toms and 12 hens.

Well i dont mind startin you out with three hens but my toms are closely related to them.

I will take them. When can i come.

Then she proceeds to say well i just picked up 24 CHICKS and i already have 2 toms and 3 sg hens grown.

Uhm. Ok first off too many toms to those hens. Then WHY do you need more. You will have MORE than enough eggs to hatch next year.

Cause i just fell in love with turkeys....

Uhm yea no i cannot help you.

I have NO problem with the animals we raise becomin a guest at dinner. But hoarding them is a completely different thing. Nope. Nope. Nope.

No displaying or gobbling. I think he's gender confused. He's been living in a convent with no male roll model. My poor baby!

If you work really hard at it you might be able to get Poppy to gobble on command.

It impresses people when they see my Toms all gobbling when I tell them too.

Ripley is helping me in the R&D department lol. What do you guys think? Roll out with tutus for Halloween?

DSCN2501.JPG
DSCN2502.JPG
DSCN2507.JPG

So. We have an unauthorized incubator on the hillsite. Thanks for the great word @R2elk lol! She was sittin by paul’s shop in a small thicket when we finally found her.... we put her and her wares in the jail cell. She immediately snuggled down. Eesh! Did not want anymore turks this year. But i could see spyballs when i candled so i could not throw them out. Old softie that i am.
I don't want any more to hatch this year. When I found 4 more unauthorized incubators, I removed all of the eggs. I did not candle any of them and had no problem destroying all of the eggs. Two of those incubators abandoned their nests and the other two are still sitting on fake goose eggs.

Back
Top Bottom