A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I don't believe that Pebbles is a red bronze. Sweet Pea is for sure but Pebbles looks different. I think Silkiesensation told me that her mom was a narri cross but I forget what dad was.

View attachment 1995016 View attachment 1995019 View attachment 1995025 View attachment 1995027 View attachment 1995029
The problem with people who claim they have a Narraganset cross with a Bronze is that if it is a hen, it is a pure bronze or a pure Narragansett depending on which was the father. Narragansett hens cannot pass their Narragansett color gene on to their female offspring.

Not all Red Bronze are the same genetics. The only thing that all Red Bronze have in common is a bronze (b) gene and a red (r) gene. They can have b1, cg, n, etc. as their hidden genes. Not all hidden recessive genes are completely recessive. The red gene while recessive is definitely not a complete recessive gene.

@memphis , @CindyinSD

I got to see the pink today but the turkeys and the sun did not cooperate. It looks more like rose gold here and in the flat light, it was just iridescent greenish black.

It shows in the feathers above the leg and below the wings.
full

full

full

full

full

full

:ya:ya:ya So pretty! I’m a rose gold fan. Tomorrow is supposed to be mostly sunny. :fl P’raps I shall see fluorescent pink!

I took my daughter out to celebrate her birthday. DH stayed home to look out for my mom, so I let the turkeys out to play but did not get to see any flashes of iridescence (diffuse sunlight all day—but some is better than none.) They have so much fun. :love They love sitting on the plough truck and climbing up onto the deck. I put a floppy gate in front of the stairs. Seems to be working, but it was cute to look up and see them peeking through the sliding glass door like sight-seers at a zoo. :gig

It's kind of pinkish. So interesting...
When it is pink, there is no doubt. Those feathers change color in relation to the sun and their position. I saw pink on butth*le today but he refused to let me get a picture. The color there can change from an iridescent greenish black to a gold color and even pink.

Bad news. Got a call from my turkey sitter. Annie was found dead. No sign of trauma. Just in the yard dead. I'm still in Missouri so have had no opportunity to try & figure out what happened. Heading home this morning.
I read half of the thread, and thought that was enough. Then I moved to the end of the thread, and there was no mention of Annie. So I skimmed a bit, but I went back to the middle of the thread. I've been looking for days to find the post about what happened. I'm so sorry, @memphis.

I read half of the thread, and thought that was enough. Then I moved to the end of the thread, and there was no mention of Annie. So I skimmed a bit, but I went back to the middle of the thread. I've been looking for days to find the post about what happened. I'm so sorry, @memphis.
Annie's (aka Flora) loss is why Memphis now has 3 new girls.

Back
Top Bottom