A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

No way....no cake for Daisy! If you remember she had part of a cookie at Christmas.
She deserves a bite of cake for being the live entertainment!!
Your so strict!
animated_1581907533151.gif

Oh no...not again Ralph! Yes Cindy....she's a pro at the grab & run! Shaw...love the nun!
And its debatable who was more entertained...Daisy or my neighbors family. She called me last night to thank me. Said that's all the kids could talk about. Sent me a cute pic of her family sitting on the deck steps with Daisy in the middle of them. I wish I could post it, but hesitate with people I dont know.

Hey folks sorry I haven't posted in a very long time, for some reason I'm not getting notifications when someone posts something and I'm still busy with my logging. Well I was busy with my logging until I got hurt on the job. Anyway such is life.

We've had a busy year since I last posted. April 15 of last year Athena my Bourbon Red Hen that preens people, and is just an overall sweety, had her crop ripped out by a dog, that cost me $700 to get her patched up. She recovered from that, lost about 30% of her crop after it was all said and done. Had some problems with employees and had to send 4 of them off in the back of police cars. Then Athena caught pneumonia and had an impacted crop due to the loss of crop tissue. She spent two days in the animal ICU for that another 850 I still love this bird. She still sleeps with me, and I have found that they can have vivid dreams/nightmares. She may not be Mars or Neptune but she's just as much fun.

Hey folks sorry I haven't posted in a very long time, for some reason I'm not getting notifications when someone posts something and I'm still busy with my logging. Well I was busy with my logging until I got hurt on the job. Anyway such is life.

We've had a busy year since I last posted. April 15 of last year Athena my Bourbon Red Hen that preens people, and is just an overall sweety, had her crop ripped out by a dog, that cost me $700 to get her patched up. She recovered from that, lost about 30% of her crop after it was all said and done. Had some problems with employees and had to send 4 of them off in the back of police cars. Then Athena caught pneumonia and had an impacted crop due to the loss of crop tissue. She spent two days in the animal ICU for that another 850 I still love this bird. She still sleeps with me, and I have found that they can have vivid dreams/nightmares. She may not be Mars or Neptune but she's just as much fun.
Glad you're feeling better and back.
I think I have seen your posts about Athena on FB... Bourbon right?

Oh no...not again Ralph! Yes Cindy....she's a pro at the grab & run! Shaw...love the nun!
And its debatable who was more entertained...Daisy or my neighbors family. She called me last night to thank me. Said that's all the kids could talk about. Sent me a cute pic of her family sitting on the deck steps with Daisy in the middle of them. I wish I could post it, but hesitate with people I dont know.
Put a blur or color on the faces... we wants to see!

Your turkey sleeps with you? How in the world does that work? 😂
I have to know. Does it wear a diaper or what? I am imagining waking up to all kinds of poo being smeared all over the place.

Your turkey sleeps with you? How in the world does that work? 😂
I have to know. Does it wear a diaper or what? I am imagining waking up to all kinds of poo being smeared all over the place.
My MIL has sewed me poultry diapers before. I'm sure you can find adult turkey sized ones. Turkeys generally have drier poos than chickens, except they have bigger cecum poos, being bigger birds. If I remember correctly, turkey parent keeps therapy turkeys, which I think would work very well, considering how bonded turkeys can be with their humans. ;)

Back
Top Bottom