A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

It was a beautiful day after the rain this morning. Hit almost 73. Only thing bad was winds at 30 plus mph.

First time in years decided to start seeds indoors. Had cucumbers and tomatoes sprouted. Set them out to get some sun of course there was no wind then. Went to a sale. And while I was gone wind got the seed tray and dumped it in the ground. Maybe a few will make it but they are all mixed now.

There were some real good looking Tom's 8 of them at the sale. There was a A pencilled and a pure chocolate. But didnt need toms. Not a hen to be seen.

Acquired a few Japanese quail. To finish out my pens.

Only thing good with the wind dried up some of the sloppy mud. May try getting some onions in the ground tomorrow.

I think I lost some turkeys today, but I am not sure.

I don’t recall how many I have (old age and all) I thought I had 21 or 22.

I only got 2 turkey eggs today. Normally I get 7-8.

I asked them to take a zero population growth plan into consideration this year, so I know none of them are on hidden nests.

The Toms are feisty again. For the first time this year I thought I might have to teach the RP who was boss. While I was explaining it to the Tom a white legbar tried to hit me from behind.

The legbar and I had a discussion about inappropriate behavior.

Quite a day here.
Sounds like you will be eating good sooner than later

So they are still having sales Feedman? Seems so many have been canceled
I wouldn't go to a sale at present. 🤷‍♀️ Look what's happened to NYC because they just would not interrupt their usual activities. Now no one wants them in their states. I'm not sure what to think of that, but it's hard to argue that residen of a plague-ridden city aren't a danger to other populations.

I wouldn't go to a sale at present. 🤷‍♀️ Look what's happened to NYC because they just would not interrupt their usual activities. Now no one wants them in their states. I'm not sure what to think of that, but it's hard to argue that residen of a plague-ridden city aren't a danger to other populations.
It's creeping up around here.

Mt. Airy Maryland now has an outbreak at a nursing home with 66 positive cases.

My daughter lives 20 miles away in Morgan Co WV and they now have a positive case there.

Neighboring Garrett Co to the West has several and more cropping up to the North.

Washington Co to the East has at least 6 positive cases.

As of yet, there are no "official cases" in my County. Hard to imagine that it is NOT here. I'm sure continued testing will soon add Allegany Co to the list.

In the meantime, I'm hiding out with the chickens and turkeys. :oops: :old

Yes still having sales. At least this weekend. But sale was held outside and the 6 foot distance was held too. When hoofed animals started only allowed 10 people inside barn and were well spaced.

Wind is still blowing today. But dried up enough got some garden tilled, weed cloth placed, and planted 16 broccoli and 13 strawberry plants. Also got mowers running and mowed first time, (too early) for me. Saw first snake in the garden about a 3 foot garter.

The virus is getting closer has been seen in a couple of neighboring counties. Some towns are starting too want you to have paperwork for having an neccessary job, doctor appt, or getting necessities. But with exception of work and the store and occasional sale, I'm pretty much a self quarantined hermit anyway.

That's the issue. Can't tell who may be infected. I'm still having a hard time getting my head around all of this.
Well, I don't want to add to the concern, but talking to other BYCers, there appear to be a lot of states that don't test unless people are hospitalized. I don't want to talk politics here, but this seems to have heavy political undertones that I don't understand and really don't want to understand. I know our state has been expanding testing and forcing non-state labs to report demographics. So that's a good thing. But I have no idea who's funding the non-state labs and what their underlying goals might be. Sorry, I spent way too many years in DC and am forever jaded.

Well, I don't want to add to the concern, but talking to other BYCers, there appear to be a lot of states that don't test unless people are hospitalized. I don't want to talk politics here, but this seems to have heavy political undertones that I don't understand and really don't want to understand. I know our state has been expanding testing and forcing non-state labs to report demographics. So that's a good thing. But I have no idea who's funding the non-state labs and what their underlying goals might be. Sorry, I spent way too many years in DC and am forever jaded.

Here, IL, They test suspected people first. They said they didn't have enough tests.
Then they tested health care works.
Now they are testing over 60 and high risk
They have drive through testing.
But they don't have enough ppe

Back
Top Bottom