A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My husband and I was talking earlier today about what ifs. We have no need or desire to butcher are turkeys but what if one breaks a leg? Well I think I could eat it. I'm not 100% sure. So this is just a what if thing anyways. I have no idea how to butcher a turkey. I mean we don't know how. Does any one know of a good video to watch? So if this what if happens and I can eat it? My grandmother did all her butchering except for the big stuff and I was always helping out and in the way when I was a little girl but I lost all that knowledge with age.
Ps.
Hopefully someone will respond that isn't on my ignore list.

Last edited:
My husband and I was talking earlier today about what ifs. We have no need or desire to butcher are turkeys but what if one breaks a leg? Well I think I could eat it. I'm not 100% sure. So this is just a what if thing anyways. I have no idea how to butcher a turkey. I mean we don't know how. Does any one know of a good video to watch? So if this what if happens and I can eat it? My grandmother did all her butchering except for the big stuff and I was always helping out and in the way when I was a little girl but I lost all that knowledge with age.
Ps.
There is lots of processing information in the

Meat Birds ETC

The only person that you are hurting is yourself when you use the ignore feature.

Ps.
Basically same as a chicken.
Put in a cone, or hang by feet or stick the head out the corner of a feed bag corner cut so it fits.
Sharp sharp knife and cut neck veins, or loppers or PVC cutter and cut through the neck....
Or hatchet and stump.

Is it safe for turkeys to eat snack blocks for goats? My turkeys go visiting the next door neighbors and they have goats is why I ask. My turkeys seem to eat anything 😕.
As far as I know its no problem. My turkeys steal from every animal on the farm. They are scavengers. As long as they get enough of their own feed.

Back
Top Bottom