A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I had to chase one out of the garden at lock up last night.
I have been checking the usual areas too. Been getting predators, got a old beat up male raccoon yesterday. No tail, swollen back legs, thin patchy fur, cloudy eyes....got a male opossum this morning.

I have been checking the usual areas too. Been getting predators, got a old beat up male raccoon yesterday. No tail, swollen back legs, thin patchy fur, cloudy eyes....got a male opossum this morning.
I am guessing by the description of the coon, he knew the possum intimately.

I am guessing by the description of the coon, he knew the possum intimately.
LOL
Coon was all old healed wounds. Legs looked like gout or arthritis in people. Eyes like cateracts. I think he was a great great grandpa eating at the neighbors that feed corn to the wildlife. He wasn't fat but big, 25lbs

1st batch of eggs I set in incubator go into lockdown this Saturday, hatching Tuesday. Set all my sets 7 days apart, all on Tuesday. Setting 4th set tomorrow might be last set in incubator especially if those hens are serious about going broody already it will be their turn. So after tomorrow starting next Tuesday there should be something hatching every Tuesday for a few months.

Last edited:
I just set my first batch today. I will do three batches and call it quits after that so I don't run out of room. By the time they are ready for the grow out pen, the chicks I have in there now should be separated out into male/female groups. I will be letting the adult chickens free range after that so one side of the breeding pens becomes a pullet growout. The cockerels get to roam ( they will interact with the adult chickens, too). They will end up roosting with the turkeys, so the cockerels never get too big for their britches in that way, because turkeys keep them pretty humble.

Walked into my coop today and took a turkey to the thigh. She flew down from the rafters right as I opened the door and we collided. At least she swerved to miss my face.

All of my girls are in jail until I get my run repaired (probably this weekend) and the yearling toms put out to pasture. Dad caught them hiding eggs out in the barnyard.

Walked into my coop today and took a turkey to the thigh. She flew down from the rafters right as I opened the door and we collided. At least she swerved to miss my face.

All of my girls are in jail until I get my run repaired (probably this weekend) and the yearling toms put out to pasture. Dad caught them hiding eggs out in the barnyard.
Definitely give them a larger area to hide eggs in..

Back
Top Bottom