A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

It will be a sad day some day when Romeo is gone. There never was a tom that could compare. Tonight we had some heavy storms and since the babies don't know how to go to the coop yet, he stayed out in the dark with them and kept them warm until I got home to put them away....All 10 of them and they range from about 6-10 weeks old. He actually sounded rather annoyed that I was making him move away from the babies but I had to physically pick him up to get him to leave them lol and he still called them. The big white one is just a BB white that was outside the fence that just joined them when I threw her back in.

20220804_210825.jpg
20220804_210839.jpg

It will be a sad day some day when Romeo is gone. There never was a tom that could compare. Tonight we had some heavy storms and since the babies don't know how to go to the coop yet, he stayed out in the dark with them and kept them warm until I got home to put them away....All 10 of them and they range from about 6-10 weeks old. He actually sounded rather annoyed that I was making him move away from the babies but I had to physically pick him up to get him to leave them lol and he still called them. The big white one is just a BB white that was outside the fence that just joined them when I threw her back in.

View attachment 3211777View attachment 3211778

Good boy
Now if he could herd them into the coop.

Good boy
Now if he could herd them into the coop.

The past 2 nights, he did bring them in to the coop at night. I sold off 6 of them at the swap today so he only had 4 to bring in tonight but he did and has them ticked away with him in the corner of the coop :) He will have to fight for his leadership role again when he's done playing daddy though. Phil and Rusty think they're the bosses since he's busy.

20220806_203952.jpg

The past 2 nights, he did bring them in to the coop at night. I sold off 6 of them at the swap today so he only had 4 to bring in tonight but he did and has them ticked away with him in the corner of the coop :) He will have to fight for his leadership role again when he's done playing daddy though. Phil and Rusty think they're the bosses since he's busy.

View attachment 3214000
Such a good boy ❤️

I’m sorry for asking, but i’m in my first year of owning turkeys and did not purchase from porters. What contract did they have?
It was a breeding contract controlling how you could breed the recessive slates and any other varieties that had that gene. There is a thread about it in this forum from when they first started selling the Recessive Slates. Sorry I'm too lazy to look for it.

It did not affect any of the other varieties he has been selling.

Back
Top Bottom