A "chicken widower" ??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Just because I have 26 eggs in the 1st bator and have about 18 more on the way, my DH is calling himself "the chicken widower" ?? [​IMG]

Just because I get up at 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00 am to check the temp in the bator ??? [​IMG]

Just because I'm on this forum most anytime I'm not checking on the 'bator ?? [​IMG]

Just because I spent all day Saturday putting a new roof on the chicken house ?? [​IMG]

Just because I just bid on another BEAUTIFUL assortment of 24 more eggs ?? [​IMG]

Just because I call him several times a day to check on the 'bator temp and humidity and ask him to add more water ?? (He's retired and at home...is that asking too much?) [​IMG]

Just because I have to go home from work today and get the new 'bator completed and running for those eggs that are on the way ??

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Mine feels this way too [​IMG]

3. flock-mama

flock-mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    Tell him he will be fine!

4. Happy Chicken Mama

Happy Chicken Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    I too live in Gainesville and my Dear Husband is a new chicken widower.

We just had a baby hatch early on Thursday.

I have been obsessed with taking care of this one and waiting (obsesivly) for the other three.

The whole house has blown up and we haven't eaten home cooked food for a week.

The beds haven't been made and the laundry is piling up... poor guy.

There is a strnge smell comming from somewhere and for the first time in my life I don't really care. (Aren't chickens great!)

His Birthday is on Wednesday and I have to get it all togerther before then.

Publix is calling me... but so is that sweet baby chicken!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by