A Christmas Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
there’s no horse here. well, maybe just from you playing the role of white knight.

congrats on being a person? we all have people of all shapes, colors, and beliefs around us. that fact doesn’t make you special. i’m sure you show them all respect. to think i don’t is short sighted.

i literally just said i respect you in my last response to you.
Have a good night @DickMidnight

I’m sure we will be able to debate back and forth somewhere less intrusive another time.

I taught my kids that Santa Clause was a make-believe game that some people played. But I did not want to pretend he was real because I knew someday they would learn the truth and would feel betrayed to know we, their parents, had lied to them. I would never lie to my kids. We also taught them about Baby Jesus. What's to keep them from thinking, "Well Santa Clause turned out to be a big fat lie, so how do I know God and Jesus isn't a lie also?" I always wanted my kids to know they could trust me. Learning that my parents had lied to me felt like a huge betrayal. I felt I had been made a fool of. Wouldn't do that to my kids. Trust matters.

I've heard of people doing this before, and respect that you're upfront and truthful that he's 'imaginary". But I've heard of people that didn't see him as that, but real. Then when their parents told them that Santa Clause wasn't real, they were shattered. What could they believe then after being told the biggest thing they looked forward to, was fake? It's wrong and very sad. Their trust is broken, forever. And nobody is doing anything about it. :(
my dad ruined christmas for me, by telling me that santa wasn't real. i was 9 years old when they told me that, so i had many christmases to be ruined by knowing that it's all a lie. :(

Just know Die Hard is kinda a violent movie. It's Christmas themed because it takes place at that time and it's about family, but it's not a happy go lucky kids movie
Ok. Thanks so much for letting me know before I made the mistake of watching it with my family (or even by myself). :hugs
The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus is also super good, but it's really hard to find nowadays. Wasn't exactly a popular movie unfortunately
Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom