A civil political discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You said "We need to learn from the Iranian people. They are brave enough to die in the streets of a corrupt and overpowering government." They're dying because they are brave enough to protest their corrupt government, even in the face of such danger, so I assume you're talking about taking to the streets in protest yourself, right? Are you? Have you?

I've done a bit of research on the Founding Fathers and I've read the Constitution in it's entirety. Several times. I have a copy handy now. And while I don't venture to assume the true purpose of our Founding Fathers, all of them were pretty into that "Separation of Church and State" thing. By that logic alone, we cannot be a only a Christian nation, or a Muslim nation, a Jewish nation, or a Wiccan nation. We can be a nation made up of those religions and more, though.

You need to STOP trying to get your point to be correct and flawless.

Opinions are NEVER completely correct and rarely flawless.

I could CARE LESS what religious beliefs this country has in its borders. I welcome them. However, OUR NATION was not created in their religious beliefs.

Would you think that IRAN would let a CHRISTIAN LEADER (who, would not say he was CHRISTIAN and let the people just believe he was) SHRED THEIR " constitution or founding fathers beliefs ?

I do not think so and THIS is MY point.

YES, I would go to the streets and protest. Yes I have written my senators and whoever I can think of.

I refuse to flame you and I would Appreciate it if you would STOP flaming me.

As far as the voting thing. Do people who cannot vote in the country also NOT be able to express their opinions?

You need to stop with this one. This is only an attack on me.

How many do you think DID NOT vote ? I would NOT vote for the Republicans. I did not like George Bush either.

I am not a democrat nor am I a republican, I am a independent.

Your angry....you will get this shut down...we were doing good!
And re read my post...i edited it!

My coworker breakdown is a majority of Republicans and a minorty of Democrats. I am from Wa State, which strongly democratic.

The Democratic contingent, who was very vocal pre and immediately post election has gone eeeerily silent. The republican contingent is now very vocal about how everything is so wrong.

My reality (perception) is a conservative moderate perspective. Mr. O has had to do something, only history will tell us if he was (they were) right or wrong in the approach taken.

My opinion is that we need a third party, the "Republicrat" party. Spending what you do not have is wrong, both on a personal level and a government level.

Both parties are guilty, and have been for oh so long.

For example, as we look at fixing health care, which in my opinion needs fixing, there is little to no discussion as to how we got where we are, it is government vs private industry. I would suggest litigation and pharmaceutical companies play a major role in where we are. How is government running the show going to fix that?

We have some highly intelligent people in this nation that could get together and solve our problems, it is however my opinion that the contentious nature of our political system will never allow it to happen.

Too far left and too far right, we need to find our center. Strong opinions and positions are all well and good, however they are rarely based on finding a viable solution to a problem. WE need solutions.

Vote republicrat!!
big_smile.png

Back to the OP Question, no not yet, I think they are still in shock, and trying to absorb the magnitude of what has occurred in a short period. Give them another six months and I am sure they will be shaking their heads and wondering what is going on.
wink.png

Obama made a lot of campaign promises that he is having a hard time keeping. Anyone that voted for him thinking he could fulfill all those promises wasn't thinking real straight. Even Ronald Reagan wasn't able to completely fulfill his agenda and he was fairly popular. We still have a middle class although he did his best to delete it.

I haven't heard any liberals upset at him about spending. The only complaints I have heard is that he spends too much time trying to pacify the right. He tries to give the dog a bone so to speak. He should be like Bush. Just say I'm in charge I don't care what you want were doing this my way. He would get more done that way. If McCain was in charge there wold be a lot more people on the street without even unemployment. McCain would've cut it out. Then he would have cut taxes for the rich so they could save more in their offshore accounts. I don't think you'll hear any actual liberals saying they wish they could take their vote back. Moderates maybe, liberals no. My question is what party is going to replace the Republican party? They're down to 21% or something like that.

Quote:
NOBODY said they can't voice their views............BUT VOTE it's important~
And i see equal bashing......
barnie.gif

UMMM, you didn't even VOTE....And you complain?

Give us a break, and at least be honest, and this thread is not about Bush but you have gone off topic and made it about him and become insulting to others. The above quote is rude, and uncalled for.​

Why cause i sad i if you didn't vote...why complain? Your angry too! Don't blame me for being hostile.... from what u wrote you sem to be it!

Silly I am not angry, but it was a insult, and the person it was leveled at has a right to be angry. You are flaming in the name of Obama, is it necessary? Is he that bad, and that is all you and others have?

You owe an apology to the person you leveled that comment at. If anybody gets this thread shut down it is those that are flaming instead of staying on topic.

Quote:
If that person asks for an apology i will not! I can speak my veiws just like they can! Don't bully me!!!

SHUT IT DOWN< CAUSE IT WENT FOR A TURN...we were doing so well!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom