(((((A Cottage In The Middle Of No Where))))) (((((Chapter 3)))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvinmychickens

Songster
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Ohio
A Cottage In The Middle Of No Where

Just imagine.... There's a smaller house in the country. The middle of no where. A loving husband. A young child. Silkies in diapers running inside the house. A Weimaraner puppy chases the Silkies. A Parrot flies the house.

A big open space. A few acres of my land. A beautiful chicken coop. A beautiful duck coop. A pond. Roosters crow. Hens do the egg song. The sounds of the ducks. Momma Hens with their babies, pecking around in the green grass. Ducks splashing in the pond. Rabbits hop the land. Everything is quiet and beautiful.

The small family loves eachother with all their heart. They all take part of everything. Fighting predators, caring for the flocks, housework, and just plain fun.

Please take time to visit my other book. I Am No More Than A Battery Hen

As <3ChickenForever has said, I agree with her. . . PLEASE READ BEFORE READING MY STORY!: This is my story and I claim it. This story is original writen by luvinmychickens. No one may print this out or save it to your computer! I have worked hard on this story to keep all of you entertained so PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES copy this story. Thank you!

Last edited:
Chapter 1

"Cockadoodledoo!!" The roosters crow at sunrise.
"Bock! Bock! Bo- Bo- Bo- Bo- Bock!" The hens do their egg song.
"Time to get up, hun..." Dan, said to his wife when he heard the flocks noises.
"I'm up." Nicole said to her husband, Dan. She hopped out of bed.

She grabbed her robe and slipped it over her shoulders. Nicole went down to the kitchen. She got the coffee ready and gazed out the window. She turned the coffee pot on and went out the door. She rushed to the hen house. She went inside the giant coop. Nicole grabbed a bucket and collected the eggs.

"Hey, Sasha.... How're you, my girl???" She whispered to her favorite Splash Ameraucana hen.
She rubbed Sasha's back. "I'll be back later, gals!" She yelled to the hens as she opened up the hen house, so they could free range.
She skipped over to the duck coop. "How are ya'll doing this fine mornin'?" She asked the ducks.

She finished the poultry tasks. Nicole headed to the house. The coffee was done. She poured herself a cup and also Dan.

She went up the stairs and walked into the bedroom. "Here." She handed Dan his coffee.
Nicole went into her son, James, room. "Come on James.. Gotta wake up and let the Silkies out of their bedroom. They've been in there all day yesterday. Those girls need to get outside and peck around."
"Fine..." James groaned. He hopped out of bed and threw his clothes on.
"Good Morning, Mom! Dad!" He cheered happily when he reached the kitchen.
"Did you take care of the Silkies? I haven't seen them run down here yet, ya know." Nicole snapped instantly.
"No Mom. Can I first eat? What are we having? Eggs? Bacon? Sausage? Toast? Chocolate milk? Grapes? I hope so!" He drooled.
"Cereal. If you want, you can make your own eggs. I brought about 50 in this morning... Same goes for you, Dan. I ain't makin' breakfast this mornin'."
"Whatever." James said, picking a fight.
"Don't you 'whatever' me, young man! Do we really need to spend a perfact Saturday mornin' like this?"
"No Mom...." He ran upstairs and let the Silkies out.

They came racing down the stairs.

"I see James finally let ya'll out this mornin', unlike yesterday." Nicole said to the group of Silkies, with attitude.

thumbsup.gif

Wow! Seems that people like it! More tomorrow! Just do you know it'll b tight because I have another book I am writing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom