A Couple of my Africans

Are they aggressive? I had no idea until you posted and said that they are SUPPOSED to be chubby. Those are some beautiful geese.

So, I live on 1 1/4 acre of land with only one neighbor, on the south side of our property. Literally, they just built a home right on our property line, like 30 feet away from our house. Luckily most of our living is on the North side. Would this breed be too loud, and bother our neighbors?

Are they aggressive? I had no idea until you posted and said that they are SUPPOSED to be chubby. Those are some beautiful geese.

They are like puppy dogs. Tom Kernan's big gander walks over to him and practically gets in his lap to nibble on him. Mine never his or bite, even when on the nest. And at this weight, they are healthy. These are not obese.

So, I live on 1 1/4 acre of land with only one neighbor, on the south side of our property. Literally, they just built a home right on our property line, like 30 feet away from our house. Luckily most of our living is on the North side. Would this breed be too loud, and bother our neighbors?

They actually have somewhat of a muffled honk, as far as geese go. You can barely hear the ganders.

Last edited:
They are like puppy dogs. Tom Kernan's big gander walks over to him and practically gets in his lap to nibble on him. Mine never his or bite, even when on the nest. And at this weight, they are healthy. These are not obese.

They are gorgeous. I haven't ever seen any like them around here. Thanks for sharing
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom