A day made of glass, new technology from Corning

yuckyuck.gif

Agreed

All I kept thinking was...she put her shoes on the kitchen counter top...
sickbyc.gif

http://www.rinkworks.com/said/predictions.shtml

Just a few things people said about stuff we now use everyday

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876.

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" -- David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s.

"While theoretically and technically television may be feasible, commercially and financially it is an impossibility." -- Lee DeForest, inventor.

Last edited:
There is no technology in this video that does not already exist, it is simply not in common usage as of yet. I do not want e-mail following me any more than it already does! Yuck. But the rest of it is pretty cool and pretty likely unavoidable for many.... Since we have such enormous stratification in our society the gap will simply widen to afford the top ten percent these luxuries. The resources it will take to create this world will be taken from somewhere - some one.....

yea, thats all around now its just not cheep. Remember it is there job to sell the new thing, what we chose to buy an use is our choice. When I ran a junkyard I had a smart phone full of inventory. Now I use a basic cell phone. They are showing you everything knowing you will pick an chose only what works in your life.

I personally think everything on the video was AMAZING.

Minus the lack of chickens...
roll.png

Where was the technologically advanced chicken coop with the roof that goes from opaque to clear to allow in more natural sunlight???
lol.png

I feel old. I can remember

When you left home, the telephone stayed there.

When it was against the rules to take a calculator to class.

When you had only checks or cash.

When a computer took up an entire building, and did less than a calculator.

When a job seeker actually went to the employer unannounced and asked for work.

When pictures had to be developed by a professional, and it took 2 weeks to get them.

When the price of gas was measured in cents...not dollars.

Quote:
Other than the radio, I pretty much agree with these statements. And I'm not "old".

My favorites - one quote: "Everything that can be invented has been invented." Some high-up guy at the US Patent Office, ironically just a couple of years before the airplane was invented.

Then - this isn't exactly a quote, but still - FDR was absolutely convinced that airplanes were only a passing fad, and that dirigibles were the way to go.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom