A few pictures of my girls

Redfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Gervais OR
This is Blind Rose. If I say her name she looks up at me. She is so sweet and always underfoot.

Picture056.jpg

I tried to take better shots but they were chasing me, I had to run and turn around real quick to get this picture, otherwise they were on my feet.

Picture051.jpg

My Cornish Cross chicks, one week old.
Picture054.jpg

Just a random shot

Picture050.jpg

My grouchy dog that wants to go outside in the sunshine but he can't because the chickens are out free ranging.

Picture061.jpg

Beautiful chickens RedFeathers, & very very cute chicks. Oh and thats a beautiful Irish setter. I hope your chicks grow up to be beautiful to. Have fun raisin them.

Carri They are just too funny. So friendly and yet they do complain when things aren't going just right.

Don't worry Speckled, Spring is on it's way and the grass will grow. It was sunny for these pics this morning but now it's all stormy and the wind is blowing. It was a beautiful but brief period of sunshine.

they all look so healthy. their feathers look so clean. the color of their feathers is good. . they all look fast and playful:)

aw poor blind rose she is so cute was she born blind or did some thing happen that made her blind

nice looking birds

M.J :

aw poor blind rose she is so cute was she born blind or did some thing happen that made her blind

nice looking birds

She wasn't born blind, it was just something weird that happened. One day I saw that her body was shaking and she couldn't keep her head still for long. As time went on she became very thin and lost her vision so I debated on keeping her alive or not, I didn't want her to suffer. I asked for peoples opinion on this forum and was told to give her childrens vitamins and Vitamin E. So I started to do that and I began to hand feed her twice a day. She has improved vastly. I credit black oil sunflower seeds for giving her feathers the shine they never had before. She just started laying eggs about three weeks ago so I make sure she has oyster shell in with her feed. I hold her against me with the food in a margarine container and she stabs wildly at it but she gets enough to eat now. She free ranges and goes over to the taller grasses and has figured out how to eat from those. She's adapting to her disability. I can't think of a sweeter animal, she is very trusting and always wants to be held. One other thing she does differently, she honks like a goose instead of clucking like a chicken....it's pretty funny.​

Back
Top Bottom