A few say they think these two are roosters. Do you agree?

Ok, I spent some time looking at the pictures and I have to agree, two girls. The second one does have more elongated feathers, but they are still rounded at the tip. I think it is the fact that they are longer and thinner than the other hens feathers in addition to the patterning that gives the illusion they are pointed like a roosters hackle feathers.

Now the long wait for eggs begins. Have patience my friend.

Laney

ther lil girls
lol.png

Well I am glad to hear that these are likely girls. This is my first flock, and I am a complete noob. I have had so many people tell me they are roosters, including a man that has a flock of 200+ in Acton. He saw them in person when they were about 8 weeks old, and said he was positive they were Roos. He even told me one of my EE is male. So I have been willing these chickens to grow up female. I have had so much fun watching them grow up. The both enjoy jumping up and sitting on my legs, and even will tolerate a little petting. So I was not looking forward to eating them. Now I just hope they do a good job laying, and remain as quite as they have been.

Thanks for all those who looked at my pics, and voiced an opinion. I have learned so much already from this informative and helpful forum.

Last edited:
Ok...the consensus seems to be that this is a hen, but I notice what seem to be spurs growing on the legs, and the her sister with the much smaller wattles doesn't have these.
Is this a sign she is a he?
4123560736_18eb0c96e7_b.jpg

Quote:
Oh, that is great news Pandora. I would love to see some pics of your girls. I have not even been sure what breed these two where. They were sold to me as BO's.

danab,
beautiful photography, yet again ( I just bought what you recommended , YESTERDAY!, gotta figure out the bells and whistles)

I still vote HEN for that one.... I have two lil pullets around that age and they have lil bitty points there on the legs. That is normal, I think.... all I know, is that, mine have it too.

Here's a pic from the equipment: all on auto tho, i do not yet know how to go manual....

41027_nov212009_012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom