A flock I can follow!

WELCOME!
FB_IMG_1560905749052.jpg
. 30 acres? :th. You can have a lot of Chickens! :jumpy

Hello, my name is Erin and I LOVE chickens! haha, but really I'm grateful to be here.

I am somewhat new to raising chickens. My husband had chickens, and Guinea's years ago, before we met. Once we fell in love, I moved onto "the compound" as we lovingly call it. Bryan's Grandmother lives next door, and his dad lives behind us. Aunt and uncle 2 houses over. We have over 30 acres, plenty of room for chickens!

March 2018, we set out to pick up the different breeds I had picked out. We didn't really discuss how many...This was one of my favorite days. We drove all over Ohio to get my little chicks. At the end of a long day, we ended up with 30 baby chicks, and 1 turkey pullet. The pullet was a surprise, as I asked Bryan to head back up to the feed mill for more supplies. He couldn't resist.

We have Barred Rock, Columbian Rock, Plymouth Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Brahma, Silkie, Polish, Frizzle bantum, Pekin bantum. Broad Breasted White tom.

This year we added a Royal Palm hen, Easter Eggers, Jersey Giant, and Rhode Island Red.

So, here we are just over 1 year later. I have survived the 1st year! It was a learning experience to say the least. It has been a wonderful, positive, fun experience as well.

I am so happy to be a part of this community and look forward to contributing my advice, as well as questions!

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people! What a great first year you had! And so many breeds of chickens! Do you have a favorite one?

Back
Top Bottom