A hen or Roo??? PLEASE help

Quote:
Ain't no dotte that for sure way too far off in type, the Top bird is game or game X, teh other bird may be as well, there are so many breeds out there once you start allowing them breed and free range you never know what bodies will show for the first few years. There are a lot of P combed and Rose Combed LF Game birds around, they all dub real well and the hens have a smaller comb so even when they get a dust up the combs aren't holding points.

Quote:
and you can tell this by????? the color of her comb.... then the name fits her. B*tchin betty (BB)..lol mouthy as all get out..

the size/color of her comb and wattles-no saddle or hackle feathers:)

thank you very much im glad to hear its a hen
big_smile.png
.. she is very pretty...... i think she is the one that is giving me light pink eggs.....

Quote:
and you can tell this by????? the color of her comb.... then the name fits her. B*tchin betty (BB)..lol mouthy as all get out..

Another couple of major points you can tell she's a hen by.. Roosters will not sit on the next at all! And it has no V shaped hackle or saddle feathers. And when all of its feathers are Rounded like they are(especially the tail and hackles) its a hen for sure.

Quote:

Another couple of major points you can tell she's a hen by.. Roosters will not sit on the next at all! And it has no V shaped hackle or saddle feathers. And when all of its feathers are Rounded like they are(especially the tail and hackles) its a hen for sure.

Nope ..Sorry Riverman..My two roos I had always sat on nests:) As odd as it sounds they made nests and called their girls to the nests to show them their new nesting spots-cutest dang thing I ever saw...

Back
Top Bottom