A hen that crows - need advice

Thanks for the information.

Yeah, I won't do this:

Them: "Hello, we got a noise complaint......(talking).....so we need you to get rid of that rooster."

Me: "She's not a rooster. She's my pet hen. I will not give her up."

Well, maybe something like that. Besides, my closest neighbors have/do:

#1 neighbor: Has a dog that barks every morning and runs a chainsaw so much!!
#2 neighbor is gone almost all day.

My first thought..... Oh my gosh! They let their dog play with a chainsaw?!?!?!

I had to read the post multiple times, but I see. This missing an hour of sleep is really taking a toll on my brain. Actually, who am I kidding, this is normal for me, hahahaha!

Edited to add: Blamo? I love her. She is so beautiful. Wasn't she getting picked on or am I getting mixed up? Seems like I remember her having an injury to her wattle. Sweet girl. She is gorgeous

That is tricky though, they are written with precise terms so the ordinance would have to be rewritten to to be enforced to include crowing hens.
Yeah, people could try to make a stink sure but the law is the law and lazy enforcement officials are lazy.

I'd bet a noise ordinance would/will trump any proof of chicken gender.

My first thought..... Oh my gosh! They let their dog play with a chainsaw?!?!?!

I had to read the post multiple times, but I see. This missing an hour of sleep is really taking a toll on my brain. Actually, who am I kidding, this is normal for me, hahahaha!

Edited to add: Blamo? I love her. She is so beautiful. Wasn't she getting picked on or am I getting mixed up? Seems like I remember her having an injury to her wattle. Sweet girl. She is gorgeous

Yes, Blamo is the one that got hurt. She is healing nicely though! 💕 Thank you so much!

Thanks for the information.

Yeah, I won't do this:

Them: "Hello, we got a noise complaint......(talking).....so we need you to get rid of that rooster."

Me: "She's not a rooster. She's my pet hen. I will not give her up."

Well, maybe something like that. Besides, my closest neighbors have/do:

#1 neighbor: Has a dog that barks every morning and runs a chainsaw so much!!
#2 neighbor is gone almost all day.

Do we live on the same street????? My dang Austrolorp all of a sudden decided that she wanted to start crowing. She is def not a pro, lol. I was worried that it might get us in trouble, then I thought, nah. One neighbor has 3 roosters, no hens, and three dogs (one in particular) that bark all freaking day and into the night. What's he barking at??? Oh, you know, just that same dang cats that his mommy feeds and the same people that have been living on the street for YEARS. Our other neighbor has about 6 roosters, in his garage. Then one other neighbor talks so loud on her phone at night that we can hear the entire conversation IN.OUR.HOUSE.. I think my little crowing hen is the least of our streets worries lol.

So this morning one of my hens, Blamo, crowed! It was not a very smooth crow....but still, I would have thought it was a rooster!
In my area I'm not aloud to keep roosters.....but she ISN'T a rooster! So I can keep her, right? (I don't think I'll get reported though, I have nice neighbors.)
I could just show the people she lays eggs! :p Well, I can't get rid of her. :oops:

Good I have advice?

Back
Top Bottom