A hundred bucks a meal? Are you guys pulling my leg? With poll

How many of you spend a hundred dollars on a meal for a couple?

• I do weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do monthly

• I do yearly

• I have, but only a few times

• I never have but would like to

• No! Are you outta your everlovin' mind?!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
awww, that's sweet. Thank you.

Now how would I get home in time to feed?
gig.gif

lau.gif
yeah there is that!

Maybe I'll have to swing by next time I visit my folks in Louisiana!

Dh & I have been married for 28 years and the most expensive meal ever for the 2 of us was around $80, which included 2 desserts. I can't remember if we had an appetizer. We ate at the Troutdale for that anniversary celebration. It was an amazing meal.

However, that's NOT the norm for us. We don't eat out often and we keep the tab below $35.00 for dinner. Most of the dining out meals are at lunch time, when the prices are cheaper. To make it more budget friendly, we skip the appetizer and drink water. And bring home leftovers for supper.

Snaps to your wife for bringing a plate to your elderly neighbor...what a lovely person she is!

Last edited:
Quote:
What a wonderful and satisfying life you have! You and your wife are both blessed to have each other and your post truly warmed my heart!!
hugs.gif
The post I made was certainly way out of the norm for us but was the most expensive personal time we have ever had......normally, it is picking veggies out of the garden or from what has been canned/frozen, getting venison that hubby hunted for out of the freezer, using eggs from the chickens and ducks and a glass of sun tea......I am a fair cook but I season my cooking heartily with love and they taste better than any boughten meal ever did!

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:
I do it!

I treat my wife to a nice supper at a local restaurant. This restaurant is NOT a chain and the food is well worth the price. The head chef is a High School classmate of mine so we get an insiders guide to what is good.

Our meal starts with Oysters on the half-shell, either a 12 or 18, along with cocktails. We then move to a light appetizer if we are in the mood. our wine is determined by the entree's we select, usually I order the special or ask for something off the menu. We end the evening with a dessert.

Our bill usually looks like this:

Oysters $25
Cocktails $30
Appetizers $15
Entrees $60
Dessert $12
Wine $60

Add a tip and we are well over $200 for the evening.

I know that is a lot of money, but my wife is worth it.

Jim

jim i love it! your a awesome hubby!! your wife is a lucky one!​

On very few occasions, my husband and I have. The last time was several years ago, we do not go out in general (we have two small children). So we went to a fondue place that was very expensive, but included several courses (lost count), was wonderful, included lobster and filet as well as other meats. It was wonderful, fun, took several hours, quite the event for just the two of us, in fact, it was a lunch (even worse to admit the cost of 140 bucks or so). We don't drink (beer outdates in our fridge when we do have it), smoke, or blow money on other stuff, so because we can afford it occasionally, I don't worry about it much. Now, we have other friends who regularly have date night, etc., we don't do that because we don't get sitters often (we had our kids late in life and we actually love doing stuff with them). The kids go to daycare 2-3 days a week while I work and we think that's plenty. I don't begrudge those who do it often, it's just not our thing. I love a good meal, great service, but only if it's something I can't or won't cook at home because I'm pretty good at whipping up a mean meal on my own and I enjoy it to boot.

My husband tried to suck me in with expensive everything. Little did he know it worl work and one day we'd be broke. LOL

We got married in 1999 and I had worked at places where a $200 meal was the norm. I like good food. I like things that others will never try, because they think is nasty. Oh well, that would be more for me if I could afford it.

New Years Eve 1999, I wanted to go to one of my old hang outs. His Lordships on the Berkeley Marina. It sits on the water. You see everything. San Francisco, Alcatraz, Sausilito. A friend (an old roomie of Bill's) found out what we were doing. She invited us to go with her and her husband and some friends. the place was ok and also on a marina, but 1999! I wanted nice and I was promised nice. He wasn't too thrilled when she decided they should all join us, but it ended up being a great night and we had a lot of fun. $50 a person for lobster, filet mingon, champagne, dessert, appetizers. We were all stuff and they all loved the place. We took walks around the deck and listened to music in the lounge and for $100 for both of us it was great. And both us us have always been good tippers, so when we all put money in it made our server happy. He was awesome BTW. Bill was really impressed and had a great time. I got a big kiss and he said "Ya done good Honey!"

Most times you aren't just paying for the meal, you're paying for your surroundings and service. This wasn't my first $100 meal by any means. Actually it was a great deal. But it was our first married New Years and one of the times I'll always remember spending with him. He looked so handsome that night. Just for me.

Where I work right now, my average is between $60-$80 per person for dinner, but I'm still rather new and so I don't often get the outlandish tables. How much someone comfortably spends on a meal at a restaurant is relative to that person's income. I have had some wonderful special-occasion meals that came to almost $100 per person, but that is how I chose to spend my money. I'm sure that if you asked a non-chicken person what they'd spend for fertile eggs, and then post some of the bids going on here, you'd get funny looks. We all have our own interests and passions and quirky ways to spend money.

:)

Back
Top Bottom