A hundred bucks a meal? Are you guys pulling my leg? With poll

How many of you spend a hundred dollars on a meal for a couple?

• I do weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do monthly

• I do yearly

• I have, but only a few times

• I never have but would like to

• No! Are you outta your everlovin' mind?!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
We never drank when we went to dinner. We rearely did anyway. He'd have a beer a couple times a year and I'd have a drink almost as often. Not saying we couldn't but we move more into a glass of milk then booze.

Our family resturant was Texas Roadhouse. When we lived in the Bay Area we had one 3 blocks away. We went maybe once a month or every two months. Other than that the biggest treat (for him and my son) was BK. LOL I'd eat something at home and these were special things. We ate at home. The last year we ate at Texas Roadhouse once. It was out this way and it was to celebrate something. We could feed us and 2 kids with drink for maybe $50-$60 and none of us ever finish all that food and we could eat for another 2-3 days. I ALWAYS had prime rib.

After Bill's graveside service, we all drove out towards Travis AFB. There's a Texas Roadhouse in town and my daughter's like eating there also and we've had things like baby showers at them. One of my daughter's works with the staff and they make up a menu that's workable and everyone orders from that. That's what my girls did, because Bill loved it there. The manager even gave a a special prime for Bill's favorite. Roadkill! LOL That was what he almost always ordered along with a house salad and honey mustard dressing. There were lots of those ordered that day.

If I ever have money again. I'd go somewhere nice and have a good meal. We don't do resturants at all now. A $5 Little Ceaser's pizza maybe once a month is as far as it goes these days. I don't think there's anything wrong if you can afford it, but if you're already skimping it sure wouldn't go to a resturant. It would go to something special that can be used or enjoyed. A new DVD is a big deal here lately. Extra special if it wasn't out of the $5 tub at Walmart.

The few times we've spent $100 on just the two of us we've always had a great time, but HAVEN'T always loved the food....... but that's also part of the fun for us, playing food critic.
smile.png

From 2006 until mid 2008, DH and I were rather flush financially. Since then, to say our financial life has deteriorated is the understatement of the decade!

However, during that time period that our money was substantially more plentiful, we did have expensive meals on our anniversary and on a few other small occasions, wherein it was about $80-$100 for the 2 of us, including drinks. Those occasions were rare, however. Even in times of prosperity, I still couldn't bring myself to make it a habit to spend a week's worth of grocery money on a single night out with any kind of regularity. I'd say all in all, maybe 4 times in 2 years?

In 2003 for my birthday, my husband asked if I wanted to go to El Gaucho for dinner.

"Sure", I said, envisioning fajitas, salsa and as a birthday treat, splurging on a $5 guacamole appetizer.

This is El Gaucho

And THIS is their menu.

After I picked my jaw off the floor, we really enjoyed the pampering and service and the food was heavenly.

Back
Top Bottom