A hundred bucks a meal? Are you guys pulling my leg? With poll

How many of you spend a hundred dollars on a meal for a couple?

• I do weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do monthly

• I do yearly

• I have, but only a few times

• I never have but would like to

• No! Are you outta your everlovin' mind?!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
Me me me!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

We have. But we had gift certificates.
cool.png

Edited to add: Anybody ever seen that country music video "Hillbilly Bone"? It was sort of like that. LOL

Last edited:
We had neighbors from a previous life in South Carolina who stopped by for a night recently. Took them to (reputedly) the most expensive restaurant in the area, ordered two appetizers, four entrees, tea for two and beer for two. The meal was delicious, and came to just over $100. Worth every penny and a good time was had by all. Ate lunch for two at a drugstore lunch counter yesterday, with beverage and dessert and the bill was less than $15.00. Rural Tennessee is wonderful!

With dinner and drinks we get about a 500.00 bill. But that is at Flemmings. My husbands company they do a lot of things like that. One place a VIP room the drink credit is 1500.00. I think its one of those rare rooms in vegas. Maybe some day i will get to go.

Several years ago my youngest son was going to Tulane University in New Orleans and to help pay for some of his expenses he was working at a four star restaurant as a sommelier and I can tell you that if they have different waiters to serve you the different courses, names you can't pronounce to call those fellers it is going to set you back a bundle. My best friend and I had gone to Louisanna snow goose hunting and I thought it would be nice to eat where Scott worked.

Scott had already warned us that they wouldn't seat us unless we were wearing a suit and tie so we had gone prepared. When we were seated Scott informed us that he had already ordered for us so we never saw a menu. When the first course was brought to the table Bob and I both looked at each other wondering how the place could be so crowded when they served such small portions. Turns out that it was just the first of eleven more courses to follow. I also found out that night that your mouth must get dirty when you eat cuz between courses they kept bringing us little dishes of sorbet to "cleanse our pallets".

Of course he insisted that we have wine with our meal and with our dessert we had to have coffee. This restaurant is famous for their coffee presentation at your table. First a lemon is peeled, then an orange is placed on a fork and peeled almost to the bottom resulting in a long hanging peeling that the lemon peel in intertwined with. That resulting braid is studded with whole cloves and the ends of it our placed in a super hot pot of coffee. Next Grand Marnier is poured on the orange and allowed to drizzle into the coffee and accross the table. A match is touch to the Grand Marnier and a blue flame races across the table and up the lemon and orange spiral. As the flame hits the cloves they explode with a white spark.

When the final dish had been cleared and we were trying to discreetly loosen buttons and ties, Scott brought me the bill. It was over six hundred dollars. Once my heart started beating again and I got out my credit card and Scott starts laughing. He had mentioned to his boss that I was in town and he told Scott to have us come in, get the "full treatment" and he would pick up our tab. The food was incredible, the service superb, and the experience was worth the prices but it is not something I would be willing to repeat on my dime.

Last edited:
Quote:
you spend 200$ monthly on groceries please teach me how. even matching up the store fliers on sale prices with coupons i still spend 200$ weekly and thats groceries, cleaning items, pet food etc.
ep.gif

We do this kind of meal a couple of times a year. If you order multiple courses and a good wine, it is very easy to do. The best place I've ever eaten is the restaurants at the Culinary Institutes of America. Back when we lived in NY the Italian restaurant had a fixed menu at about $30/person, plus wine. The waitstaff, sommelier, cooks and all are CIA students and are happy to show off their skills and knowledge. And the food is stunning!!!!

mom'sfolly :

We do this kind of meal a couple of times a year. If you order multiple courses and a good wine, it is very easy to do. The best place I've ever eaten is the restaurants at the Culinary Institutes of America. Back when we lived in NY the Italian restaurant had a fixed menu at about $30/person, plus wine. The waitstaff, sommelier, cooks and all are CIA students and are happy to show off their skills and knowledge. And the food is stunning!!!!

That would be neat!​

Couponing will save you a lot.
I manage to do 80.00 a trip but I can do much better. Just sometimes I try to just get it done. I try to mot take the dog to the store with me because I cant get anything done , but without him I cant do to much in the cart. So ..
But you can get coupons for meats, fruit and milk
smile.png

Once a year for our anniversary hubby and I go to a place called The Melting Pot. No kids, it's an hour away and we splurge....
Edited to add... It's a fondue place and from beginning to end it's about 2 hours to eat there with all the courses. We get lobster and steak and it's soooo yummy and it is so vital to us to just recharge like that once a year. And aside from free babysitting my parents and his parents usually give us each a $25 gift card to there so it cuts the price in 1/2.
http://www.meltingpot.com/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom