A little about my farm in pictures

Awesome pictures! You are truly living a dream life that must bring a whole big heaping bunch of happiness and smiles! I can't wait till I'm in the fortunate living scenario that you and your family is!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and please keep them coming!

Heres some more! Today it snowed, and I took some pics! One is of hubby, doing one of his off farm jobs. We also have 3 houses total on the farm. The brick one pictured was built for Gary's grandparents when he was a boy.. and the other (not pictured... yet) was built for a hired man. They milked cows many years ago.

A summer time picture of the gazebo next.

A picture looking out our laneway. Just up by the brick house, I put black plastic down to make another veggie garden. I am running out of room for my veggies! Good thing I have lots to choose from!

Such nice pics of the girls having fun. My husbands ancestor originally came from Germany. He left there and settled in Lancaster Pennsylvannia. He married and in 1799 travelled to Canada and settled at Doon in Cambridge Ontario. In 1817 they settled here. His first son was the first white child born in Waterloo County. That son is who built our house. The family thinks that they settled here, because the terrain reminded them of living in Pennsylvannia; they left there to escape from having to be sent to war, being a peaceful people. They were mennonites.

Myah.. one of the housecats. Shes yawning here, not screaming because her tail got stepped on or anything, lol.

Bugs and Marbles. Great friends, although sadly, Marbles was put down in early summer 2011. A very very sad time.

Those same little buns pictured earlier. Cute little devils!!

This is the cabin in the woods. You would never guess that its a sheer drop from the porch in the front.
Ok, more later, lol.

LOVE your pics and stories that go with them, keep them coming please.
big_smile.png
It looks truly beautiful and peaceful.

I am putting down one if my laying hens (who are all pets to me) today and I'm sad.
sad.png

Did you already say what kind of wildlife you get there? Just wondering.

I have a question, how far are you from NYC, as far as a drive goes? I was just looking to see where on a map you are and it looks really close to the Pennsylvania/NY border. For some reason (guess I don't know my geography) I was thinking further West or much further North.

I have a question, how far are you from NYC, as far as a drive goes? I was just looking to see where on a map you are and it looks really close to the Pennsylvania/NY border. For some reason (guess I don't know my geography) I was thinking further West or much further North.

To New York City, I am guessing about a 5-6 hour drive. To Buffalo New York, about 1.5 hour drive. To Michigan about a 3.5 hour drive or so. If I could drive across Lake Erie, I could be in Pennsylvannia in no time, lol. Those lakes kind of get in the way of things. I feel for you putting down your hen. Been there, done that too.

Last edited:
We drive up to the adirondack mountains all the time (would love to get a place up there someday) and that takes us 6 hours. WOW! Cool to be so removed from things but know you can have some culture (if you ever wanted) in as little as 5 hours. Personally, I think I'd prefer the farming life, hard as it may be. I bet it's rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom