A Mess of a Hatch

Two itty bitty showgirls have arrived. What looks to be a silkie just needs to kick the bottom shell off. Seems to be taking it's time with it. I was expecting only black, white, or silver chicks since that's what I have. I have no idea what that light colored showgirl will turn out to be. They both have feathered feet and five toes. :-D Super happy.

One pipped this morning and I'm impatiently waiting on it to hatch.

12-24 hours is the rule, I always hope mine pip a few hours before I go to bed lol, that way I go to bed knowing they aren't supposed to do anything for awhile..

How is your humidity?

Two itty bitty showgirls have arrived. What looks to be a silkie just needs to kick the bottom shell off. Seems to be taking it's time with it. I was expecting only black, white, or silver chicks since that's what I have. I have no idea what that light colored showgirl will turn out to be. They both have feathered feet and five toes. :-D Super happy.

wee.gif

What my aunt and uncle did when this happened was they put them on an older freezer that was running, they put the eggs in an ice cream pail with woodchips. The heat from the freezer was enough and the shaking offered turning, I think they also had a cup of water inside the pail for some humidity or they sprayed the eggs I cannot remember. They had all three eggs hatch no troubles

The silkie busted free. It's belly button was a little bloody, so I dabbed it with iodine. Cute little stinker. And I think that's all for now. No one else has pipped.

I found one that quit so there's 9 left to hatch. I saw another pip. I'm going out of town for the weekend so my sister is watching the incubator. I'm bring the three that hatched with me.

Came home from my weekend away to four more babies. So the total is 5 showgirls and 2 silkies so far. One more pipped, but under the aircell so there was a little blood. It's alive and I'm hoping for the best, but it looks like it just pipped, so it'll be a long wait. I candled the last 4 (before I realized one pipped) and three are alive and kicking. Looks like they still have a couple days left. I didn't see any movement in the forth, but I left it in for now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom