A moment of mourning for the passing of an era

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
To celebrate spring and the end of mandated testing DD wanted to bring in cupcakes for her class.

I sent a note asking the teachers permission and she said yes. So last night (after playdate) we made 40 cupcakes. 24 in class plus extras.

This morning we deliver them to school only to be told, "No homemade goodies at all." Has to be store bought.

While I grasp the concepts - if a student has a reaction to something their parents can sue the store not the mom who made it. And, apparently last year some kid brought in hash brownies at some school some where! So we all get punished for some bad kids.

Is it really that we are more litiginous than we once were? Is it that we are worse (put bad stuff in on purpose) than we once were?

I get it, I'm just sad about it. Kids like making things for their classmates. It used to be a bad thing if it was bought, remember? Just another change. I must be getting old.
hmm.png

old.gif
hit.gif

want to ee those cakes disappear?? Take them back to school and put them into the teachers' lounge..

........jiminwisc.......

Last edited:
I think the more important question is where are you and what are you going to do with those 40 cupcakes? Yummmmmmm, cupcakes....

big_smile.png

(My sister is a teacher and she has bemoaned this too. It's sad.)

Quote:
hehe. My thoughts exactly!
tongue.png
It sure isn't the same as the "old days" is it? My kids preschool was like that, but our elementary school is still OK with homemade stuff. Guess it depends on the district.

I left the cupcakes in the teacher's lounge. I told DD at least this way she'd get some brownie points with the staff!! they were thrilled!

I delivered a few to my elderly neighbor. No one can see a cupcake and not smile!

It cost me $12 to BUY enough cupcakes for the class and they were tiny!!

oh sorry to hear that. Nothing is better than homemade - they taste better and are made with love. At the elementary school my youngest attends everyone always makes homemade treats for sharing at school - no problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom