A My Pet Chicken review

CarrieW

Songster
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
Durango, CO
I don’t normally write bad reviews, but I really felt the need to this time. I have ordered from My Pet Chicken in the past, very happy and no problems. Then this year…

I made my order to My Pet chicken on December 1, 2011 for this year. I ordered 10 Easter Eggers, 5 Salmon Faverolles, 5 Rhode Island Reds and 5 Black Copper Marans for a Feb 27 ship date. I thought ordering as early as I did that there would be no problems, how wrong I was. I spent the weekend before my ship date preparing my brooder, and had it all ready to go. Wednesday came and I waited all morning for a call from the post office that never came. I finally called and they told me that all the chicks that came in that day had been picked up. OK, they are running a day late, I’ll get the call Thursday. Nope, no call on Thursday from the post office. But I did get a call from My Pet Chicken asking if my chicks had arrived. Had to tell them no. They told me I might have chicks that hatched late and didn’t go out till Tuesday and to wait one more day. Still no call from the post office on Friday.

I get another call from My Pet Chicken on Friday telling me there had probably been a mess up with their tracking system and my chicks just didn’t get shipped out to me. Lovely. The gal I talked to was very nice and really trying to fix things. Long story short, I couldn’t get another ship date till April 30. What??? Are you kidding me??? And I couldn’t get my Salmon Faverolles and would have to pick another breed. And for all my trouble? One free Easter Egger chick.

In my opinion this is not a way to run a business. I made my order early to work around my schedule and planned vacations, and they charged my credit card at that time. They had my money for almost 3 months. Again, just in my opinion, they should have made things right and shipped my chicks the very next week. This was a screw up on their part, and they should have had to deal with the trickle down and made things right.

Needless to say, I have cancelled my order. I have bought chicks here in town. I now have 10 Easter Eggers and 5 Rhode Island Reds that I had to drive down to New Mexico to get and 5 Barred Rocks and 5 Buff Orpingtons that I got from a feed store here in town. No Black Copper Marans or Salmon Faverolles for me this year, which has totally bummed me out. I have a beautiful Black Copper Marans rooster and I wanted to get a few more girls for him so I could hatch out some eggs when one of the girls went broody.

I have tried to state the facts here as I see them, but I am still very upset. My Pet Chicken will not get any business from me again.

Well, today was moving out to the coop day!! All my new babies that I got in March after the My Pet Chicken fiasco are out of my garage and into the coop. I get my garage back!!! I am go glad I got some chicks this year locally, sad that I didn't get what I wanted, but I would STILL be waiting for the April 30 ship date they tried to give me.

Back
Top Bottom