a news story on illegal chickens in south florida

hi Barbara, that is a good story, have you ever tried to amend the city ordinance? when i lived down there, and still now, there are so many people in broward co. that have backyard chickens! i know you have been following my story, they are gonna vote on the 2nd of march, on my Tryng to amend the ordinance, i wrote a letter for a man in Hollywood, fl about 3 or 4 weeks ago, hes trying to fight it too, i think hes gonna win!! i cant remember his name, but he had little tiny chickens, maybe seramas? my sister has chickens down there too, animal control told her she had to move them, she did, to the other side of her yard!...........lol, they haven't bothered her since, and its been a few yrs. too!

Hi there, and
welcome-byc.gif
! No, but it shouldn't be too hard to find out. Try checking with the city hall. Looking up your ordanances, etc. Perhaps some of your neighbors might know also?
idunno.gif
I'm trying to think where Lee County is? Best of luck, and hopefully, you won't have my problem!
fl.gif

I'll have to keep digging, I already have three chicks which aren't quite coop ready. As a matter of fact, I need to start building it. We live just across the way (Southwest Florida.) I live about twenty miles outside of Ft. Myers In Lehigh Acres. Seems like a lot of people have livestock in North Ft. Myers, but I wasn't sure about any other parts. Thanks for the welcome. I saw this post and couldn't resist commenting.
big_smile.png

Gee, I wouldn't see why you couldn't have chickens over there.
idunno.gif
Now, if you know anything about the Pompano Beach area, its VERY residential, to say the least! Our back yard is quite big, considering, being in a neighborhood type setting, if you can get the picture. Now, isn't Lehigh Acres kinda of rural? I would keep looking, you may be pleasantly surprised!
fl.gif

Quote:
i know quite a few people that have chickens in lehigh, it depends on what are of lehigh pretty much. if your closer to lee blvd or the main parts of lehigh where its more populated the biggest things you should probably do is make sure your coop is out of sight, or looks like a shed or something, make sure you only have hens so theres not a bunch of noise to disturb neighbors, also a privacy fence thats hard to see through or over would be a good idea. i dont think they are actually legal out there but most people get away with having a few hens without any problems
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom