A pigeon cracked one of her eggs about two days before it was meant to hatch.

degunuts

Chirping
Sep 28, 2020
Hey there. As a pair of pigeons I have were swapping sitting, another pigeon flew onto their nest and cracked one of the eggs pretty bad- seems to have broken some blood vessels. The egg is supposed to hatch in a couple of days though, and the baby is still moving. Should I be worried, and is there anything I should do besides making sure the nest is kept safe for the remaining days?

I think all you can do is wait and see. @Pyxis would know if there is something else like a covering for the crack to prevent it drying out.
I heard nail polish worked from the guy I buy my birds from, however I didn’t have any so I used wax instead. Should keep the water in and bacteria out, at least for the 2 or so days until it hatches.

Hey there. As a pair of pigeons I have were swapping sitting, another pigeon flew onto their nest and cracked one of the eggs pretty bad- seems to have broken some blood vessels. The egg is supposed to hatch in a couple of days though, and the baby is still moving. Should I be worried, and is there anything I should do besides making sure the nest is kept safe for the remaining days?
I'm no help here except GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom