A poopie question....

Egg Rookie 2010

Songster
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
North Idaho
Ok so the babies arrived on Thursday mid morning. Everyone seems fine. But I know SOMEONE has poop that isnt right...watery and brownish. The rest are kinda white and greenish clumpy and that seems normal. I cant tell who has the problem. Is there anything I can give them as a group the will benefit the problem child and not be a detriment to the rest? They are eating medicated food, taking in lots of water and were on towels over pine until last night when I removed it so they are just on pine. (which they seem thrilled about and scratching away like mad.) Any suggestions?

There is a whole range of poop that is normal.

I would watch to make sure all are eating and drinking. Beyond that, I would think it will clear up.

Also, every 10th or so poop from each chick will look like that, so it is probably not one chick that is doing it, it is all of them combined.

This sounds completely normal to me. Especially with the stress involved with travel. Just give them some vitamins and they'll be good. acid_chipmunk is correct in the every 10th poo factor. It sounds normal to me, just keep an eye out for pasty butt which is common in newborn chicks.

Yes the pasty butt thing....I had 6 the first day (Thursday) I had to clean, 4 on Friday and Saturday and 2 today. I have not seen an abundance of the weird poop thing...just enough to worry me. They are all acting normal. Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom