A Pox on Mine House

LOL Whenever I had a cold or somethin similar as a kid, my Uncle always gave me a shot or two of panther piss (whiskey.) Always seemed to help, if only a little!

I think DH & I have the same thing as you all. I fear my DS is also coming down with it. I had flu like symptoms all weekend and now my throat is worse than when it started. For temporary relief i've been doing a warm water/ salt gargle. Tastes like crap but it does help. Other than that i've just been a NyQuil daze.
Hope you feel better soon!

That sucks. My mom makes us drink this bitter as all get out soup when we are sick. Contains silkie, lots of ginger, lots of garlic, red dates, antler of some sort, ginsing and other funny shaped dried objects.

Quote:
I am not that brave!
sickbyc.gif

For a terrible sore throat, gargle with salt water until your throat feels stripped clean. Then eat a tablespoon or local raw honey, holding it on your tongue and letting it dribble down your throat to coat it. I swear that works better than any official sore throat med I've ever tried.

Also, get some Atomic Fireballs. The cinnamon fumes will open your sinuses and numb your throat. Try it and you will LOVE it! Have had sinus trouble since I was a teen and Fireballs are better than any throat lozenge ever made. Plus it feels like a treat and not medicine.

My cold-killer:
Strong black tea boiled with slices of lemon and orange, spiced with clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, and with enough honey to make the spoon almost stand up in the middle.

Tea: diuretic, caffeine - opens capillaries and helps with the head pressure, will also help flush bad viruses out of body faster. Must be black tea, not herbal "tea".

Lemon/Orange: Vit. C to help boost immune system.

Clove/Cinnamon: helps numb the sore throat. Nutmeg just cuz I like it
big_smile.png

Honey: Helps coat throat, sugar for energy.

I also use a nasal spray to keep my sinuses open. I've found that if I can keep the air way open and dry, the cold has nowhere to live and breed and goes away faster. I used to get sinus infections a lot and antibiotics wouldn't touch 'em.
hmm.png

Feel better!
-Spooky

I make a loose leaf tea with mint and chamomile leaves. I am not claiming that it will take away any illness, but it does help settle my stomach and clear up my head mess. Plus, it only really helps while you are drinking it and just after, so it forces you to rest (that in itself is probably the best thing). I am on my way to the Dr. in a bit to make sure my cold hasn't led to pneumonia
hmm.png
I hate being sick as a mom, there just isn't getting any rest and that makes it last forever. Grr.

Sorry to hear you are sick...I guess my suggestions would include lots of rest (I know--Yeah right!), tea w/ lemon and honey and homemade veggie soup--it;s the only thing that helps me.. I have been struggling with a terrible cough ,sinus congestion and feeling yucky for weeks.. My grandbaby had it first and then I caught it.. He doesn't seem to feel great either but has been a 'trooper'. He has been sick for almost three weeks.. Good luck...

I had gargled with everything with little success.

After 2 heaping tablespooons of raw organic apple cidar vinegar back to back - like a tequila shot but without the lime or salt
sad.png
- not one sore throat issue now.

I should be floating away by now in all my herbal teas with honey and lemon. LOL

I am using local wild raw honey too.

Back
Top Bottom