A surprise Roo?

StephJack

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2022
South Carolina
This is Blossom, a 7 week old light Brahma...I brought home what I thought were 6 pullets...but this one is not feathering as quickly as the others and there is a lot of red starting to show compared to the others. Could she Blossoming into a he??

(Also..this is my first go at raising chickens so any insight would be helpful! So much to learn! Thanks for your help)

IMG_0502.jpeg

I wouldn't say for sure just yet, but the comb and wattles are developed enough for 7 weeks for me to say it probably is a cockerel. Wait and see how things go for a couple more weeks, and keep an eye on the size and redness of the comb and wattles.
Oh Boy! (Literally) lol Appreciate the insight! I'll probably keep him if he is a him...just wasn't expecting it! Guess I'll be doing some more research LOL

I wouldn't say for sure just yet, but the comb and wattles are developed enough for 7 weeks for me to say it probably is a cockerel. Wait and see how things go for a couple more weeks, and keep an eye on the size and redness of the comb and wattles.
I agree with jed I'm.afraid but see wat others say xx

Back
Top Bottom