A visual - adult chickens in Producer’s Pride Sentinel Coop

32125bd6-13ee-4467-ab73-411b1067116c-jpeg.3415344

I use them for bantams and grow-out coops. They can host a modest flock of bantams comfortably.

I still need to figure out how to put vents in mine. I've thought about just replacing one of the coop side doors with hardwire cloth and a movable cover.
There’s not a lot of options for where to add ventilation; we struggled with that too. I ended up propping open the nesting box lid a few inches permanently as well as adding the circular vent holes up top on either side. Fortunately we didn’t have a ton of predators to worry about in our back yard with the nesting box lid open.

There’s not a lot of options for where to add ventilation; we struggled with that too. I ended up propping open the nesting box lid a few inches permanently as well as adding the circular vent holes up top on either side. Fortunately we didn’t have a ton of predators to worry about in our back yard with the nesting box lid open.
That's what I've been doing with the one my broodies are in during the day. At night, it's cooler so I don't worry as much. Plus their coop doors all stay open 24/7 anyways, so it's not completely sealed

Last edited:
Just wanted to share pics for people who need a visual of how many adult medium-large sized chickens ~really~ fit in this coop.

My chickens do not live in this, they have a 8x8 shed converted into a coop with an attached 7x18 (ish?) run. We do keep this coop around because it is in our back yard where they”free range”. The door to this coop stays open and it serves as a place to lay when they’re in the back yard and to run for shelter if they see a hawk. I think it would be a great isolation ward, too.

It was a good grow out coop for them but as you can see from the size, it would not be large enough to keep them in as adults. As they grew only 2 would roost inside and only 2 outside - meaning it was too crowded for them all to roost inside.

I had a hard time finding pics of adult chickens in this coop when we got these ladies, so I hope this can help someone.
View attachment 3607132View attachment 3607134View attachment 3607133View attachment 3607135View attachment 3607136
This is a great post. Short, full of pics, and a valuable information for any new chicken owner—kudos to you!
Consider making it into an article and enter it in article writing contest. 😊

That's what I've been doing with the one my broodies are in during the day. At night, it's cooler so I don't worry as much. Plus their coop doors all stay open 24/7 anyways, so it's not completely sealed
Ah, it is a nice haven for a broody to have and raise chicks! I actually like when the girls lay in here vs their big coop because it’s a little cooler in there.
This is a great post. Short, full of pics, and a valuable information for any new chicken owner—kudos to you!
Consider making it into an article and enter it in article writing contest. 😊
Thank you, that is very kind of you to say. And a great idea. I may have to do that!

That is the exact coop I kept four hens in for two years…they made it only because they free ranged from dawn to dusk. I think the only reason the company says it can fit six chickens is because they’re assuming you have bantams (and you’re going to free range)?
The coop now serves as a hospital/jail 🙂.
Same thing we had to do! Ours were in this when they outgrew their brooder, probably sometime in June or July to mid September last year and they were out alll day. We realized it wasn’t gonna work for winter here as there would be days the snow would be too deep to come out. I think it’d be a great one for a few bantams, too. They definitely try to oversell these a little IMO. It is a great isolation/jail, I agree!
IMG_6049.jpeg
IMG_6048.jpeg
IMG_6048.jpeg
IMG_6047.jpeg

Just wanted to share pics for people who need a visual of how many adult medium-large sized chickens ~really~ fit in this coop.

My chickens do not live in this, they have a 8x8 shed converted into a coop with an attached 7x18 (ish?) run. We do keep this coop around because it is in our back yard where they”free range”. The door to this coop stays open and it serves as a place to lay when they’re in the back yard and to run for shelter if they see a hawk. I think it would be a great isolation ward, too.

It was a good grow out coop for them but as you can see from the size, it would not be large enough to keep them in as adults. As they grew only 2 would roost inside and only 2 outside - meaning it was too crowded for them all to roost inside.

I had a hard time finding pics of adult chickens in this coop when we got these ladies, so I hope this can help someone.
View attachment 3607132View attachment 3607134View attachment 3607133View attachment 3607135View attachment 3607136

Back
Top Bottom