A Whole Bunch of Roosters?? (new pix added)

Eagleman

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 12, 2008
New Mexico
EDITED TO INCLUDE NEW PICS

One of our Easter Eggers just started crowing but otherwise looks and acts the same as the others besides a slightly pinker comb. I am pretty confident 2 of the 5 are girls but am getting paranoid about two others.
What do you think, do I have a bunch of roosters? They are 8 weeks old now but in these pictures they were about 7 weeks old.
THANKS!

here is the one who crows:
11798_100.jpg

This one I am a bit worried about:
11798_037.jpg

Here are four of them including the roo on the far right. The one to his left (#3 from the right is the same one from above:
11798_091.jpg

We can only keep one rooster...
Let me know if you want to see better pictures.

Here are a couple bigger images:

Two shots of tail feathers...I am pretty sure black one on left is a girl but worried about the orange/blue one in the middle there
11798_090.jpg

Here is the black one up close (my prettiest I think!)
11798_019.jpg

Group shot. The red and white one in front is the one crowing already
11798_098.jpg

Last edited:
I will try to put up some bigger pictures....
We actually got them at a local feed store (sold as Araucana's of course).
Thanks!!

We have a black/reddish gold hen just like that - yes hen. Looks to me like all of them are hens as they look just like mine except for the pretty coloring of the others. Our EE rooster is much bigger and way more striking in coloration. He has long hackle feathers and long saddle feathers already at 5 months old. His comb is much bigger. My girlfriend has one very similar to this one they call Lucifer. Thank God mine is really sweet.

Here is a pic of him.... my daughter named him Mike Rowe!
12214_mike.jpg

edited to add that he had hurt his leg a month ago and while he was down a hen took care of his lovely tail. It is starting to come back. I had to isolate him for a bit after that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom