A word of advice: Don't do anyone a favor if you expect one in return

I don't know....I understand where everyone is coming from but still. If someone asks for something they need or want then I try to give it if I can .... I don't like saying I can't but if I can't well I can't. But I try not to "remember" when doing a good deed for someone else. It WILL come back to you in one form or another call it karma or God's will or whatever applies to you. It has happened to me too many times when I needed something myself. Kindness does go a long way just don't let yourself be a doormat or let someone abuse your generosity!!! Then it becomes shame on you for allowing that to happen. Sometimes you do find out who your real friends are when it comes to money issues. Lesson learned.

Quote:
Yeah I totally agree - don't let the same dog bite you twice!!

If you need a favor paid back...then it's not really a favor to me.
It's a deal.

"I'll do that for you if you do this for me."

My mom had a saying, "Never a borrower or lender be". Its excellent advice, wish I would take it more often though.
idunno.gif

Quote:
I see your point, but I wouldn't have seen the money either way, she told me she didn't have cash or check.

b.hromada :

My mom had a saying, "Never a borrower or lender be". Its excellent advice, wish I would take it more often though.
idunno.gif

That's usually me, I just forgot this time.​

b.hromada :

I know what you mean, I seem to forget a lot sometimes.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif

smile.png

I often do favors for friends and family. Too often. I'm often told I'm being taken advantage of, and a lot of times, they probably are. But there are the rare times when I DO get a thank you, or I DO see a smiling face that makes it all worth it.
idunno.gif
to me a favor is just a good deed. It'll come back to us eventually, when we aren't expecting it.

Back
Top Bottom