A word of advice: Don't do anyone a favor if you expect one in return

Quote:
Yep. St. John's Wort for example, helps some people with Depression but can be very dangerous if mixed with prescription anti-depressants. I can't take Ginko either by the way, because of my meds.

Not that I would remember. I have my prescriptions right smack in front of the coffee maker.

I do a similar thing. I have my meds right near my computer keyboard, so as soon as I sit down in the morning with my coffee, I see them.

Quote:
Yep. St. John's Wort for example, helps some people with Depression but can be very dangerous if mixed with prescription anti-depressants. I can't take Ginko either by the way, because of my meds.

Not that I would remember. I have my prescriptions right smack in front of the coffee maker.

Mine are in the bathroom on my side of the counter... my supplements that is. Stopped taking Rx for a couple months now

Quote:

Mine are in the bathroom on my side of the counter... my supplements that is. Stopped taking Rx for a couple months now

I take natural supplements, etc. when I can. But my Synthroid for example, there is no alternative for. Also my migraine medication. I get severe muscle spasms and leg and shoulder cramps, and Cal-Mag (Calcium Magnesium) has helped a lot. It's harder for me to remember to take it though, because I need to take it at night. I can't take it with my morning meds because it interferes with my Synthroid absorption. I keep meaning to move the Cal-Mag into my bedroom so I'll see it when I go to bed. In fact, I think I'll do that right now while I'm thinking of it!!
lol.png

Quote:
A lot of members in my network have trouble with leg cramps, spasticity etc. And switched to a gluten free diet - has really helped them a lot. My son gets onsets from his syringomyelia and I've found that since we don't buy cow milk products he has gotten few onsets since. If you haven't already, would be something to try.

Edited: What do you take for migraines? I get them from stress. I haven't gotten them in awhile. ...but I really wanted to get an MRI to see if there were any abnormalities going on... because my son was misdiagnosed with tension headaches (common for an arachnoid cyst patient), he had a cyst in his head that caused a midline shift, mass effect and subdural hematomas. It messed up his vision and almost caused permanent eye damage but most everything has reversed since treatment. I would like my own MRI, just to be sure.

Last edited:
I have managed to reduce the dose with my water pill and blood pressure pill. I have a potassium deficiency and I retain water like you would not believe, even though I drink at least 64 ounces of plain water every day. I can;t take a poatssium supplement because I have acid reflux which I have managed to control with diet, but them pills are NASTY!!!!

My anti-anxiety pill is a very low dose as well.

Quote:
Wow, how long have you been potassium deficient before finding out. I'm low in vitamin D3

Quote:
Wow, how long have you been potassium deficient before finding out. I'm low in vitamin D3

It was discovered pretty quickly once I started retaining water like crazy. I can't take the pills so I have to eat foods high in potassium and calcium - calcium helps my body retain the potassium. Vicious circle. Not that I mind shrimp, cantalope, yogurt, milk and bananas much
tongue.png
Oh and strawberries. I do have to eat a lot of produce.

Quote:

It was discovered pretty quickly once I started retaining water like crazy. I can't take the pills so I have to eat foods high in potassium and calcium - calcium helps my body retain the potassium. Vicious circle. Not that I mind shrimp, cantalope, yogurt, milk and bananas much
tongue.png

I want a Potassium Deficiency, that sounds yummy!
hide.gif
Kidding, sorry....

Quote:
tongue.png

I want a Potassium Deficiency, that sounds yummy!
hide.gif
Kidding, sorry....

Yeah it is a real bummer I have to eat all that. calorieking.com makes my life sooo much easier. It shows all the vitamin content of any food in any amount. LOVE IT!!!

Back
Top Bottom