ABANDONED PUPPY - **UPDATE**

joanm

Songster
12 Years
May 13, 2007
An outstanding citizen of my community dumped this pup in my neighborhood.

I was out mowing my yard today and a few kids came by on bikes. This pup was running like crazy to keep up with them, so I hollered at one kid to stop and told her she needed to pick up the pup – it was to young to run such a long distance and being 93 and humid as he**. They said it wasn’t their dog – it came out of the woods and started chasing them. She said they didn’t want it and something was wrong with it. I walked over and this is what I found. I don’t know if it’s mange or not – I’ve seen demodectic mange in a Dalmatian, but it didn’t look like this – I don’t think its sarcoptic – no oozing or redness. She does have an odor though. Has anyone ever seen this?

She did have a lot of fleas. Could this be the cause of fleas? I bathed, Frontlined, fed and watered her.

I called my vet – she’s out of town. I don’t believe its life threatening so I’ll take her to my vet first thing Monday.

She’s got a huge belly, so I know she has worms. She’s being confined in a pet carrier in my office away from my other dogs. She’s a sweet baby – I hope the person that dumped her dies a slow painful death…

Thanks.

HPIM0928.jpg

HPIM0934.jpg

HPIM0931.jpg

HPIM0929.jpg

HPIM0932.jpg

Last edited:
I am not vet, but it looks like mange which is caused by microscopic mites that irritate the skin. It is easy enough to treat. You can by shampoos or apply medicine to the affected areas. Call your local vet and they will probably have the best advice.

Oooohhhh....that POOR thing!! I am so glad you rescued the poor baby!

I hope the person that dumped her dies a slow painful death…

Yep. I have a hard time disagreeing with that.​

That poor puppy does not even look old enough to have all this damage
hit.gif
It is so hard to believe that life can be so cruel to a little puppy. She is lucky to have found you.

BTW....I think you should name her DAISY because it is on the sour cream thing next to her that you must have her water in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom