Abandoned rooster breeds

Kornet

In the Brooder
May 22, 2020
I just lost my rooster to a tiger snake and am now wanting to get another one for my small flock. I wanted to get a bantam rooser and see how my girls take to him. There is a flock of abandoned rooster at the park down the road and I was considering catching on of them and bringing him home. Does anyone know what breeds either of the two bantams on the left are? On a side note.. is taking one the roosters away from their flock even ethically? They seem to always fight with each other but still, it's all they've know. Thoughts on that?
PXL_20201111_234843767~2.jpg

They look like mixes, nice looking roosters. I am sure if they are abandoned, there is nothing wrong with taking them home. Be sure to quarantine from your flock for 4 weeks, as they likely have mites if nothing else. They should be treated for both internal and external parasites regardless. Good luck!:)

They look like mixes, nice looking roosters. I am sure if they are abandoned, there is nothing wrong with taking them home. Be sure to quarantine from your flock for 4 weeks, as they likely have mites if nothing else. They should be treated for both internal and external parasites regardless. Good luck!:)
We did that when we brought home a new rooster, just for safety, he is a buff brahma!
I have a bantam rooster with the hens, he is young but he doesn't try anything!

I would go for the larger gold one!
I just lost my rooster to a tiger snake and am now wanting to get another one for my small flock. I wanted to get a bantam rooser and see how my girls take to him. There is a flock of abandoned rooster at the park down the road and I was considering catching on of them and bringing him home. Does anyone know what breeds either of the two bantams on the left are? On a side note.. is taking one the roosters away from their flock even ethically? They seem to always fight with each other but still, it's all they've know. Thoughts on that?
View attachment 2408201

We did that when we brought home a new rooster, just for safety, he is a buff brahma!
I have a bantam rooster with the hens, he is young but he doesn't try anything!

Oh? I'm glad to hear he doesn't hurt them. I was worried whether introducing a bantam rooster to a flock would be okay. The sized difference i mean when mating, having to latch onto the girls wattle because he's small. Does your bantam mate with your girls yet?

Back
Top Bottom