Abatement notice

Pics
I'm in a very built up area. It looks like my efforts have paid off. But I'm worried about when it comes to Spring. Don't make geese get very loud around then?

PXL_20201215_122737328.jpg

Last edited:
I got my two towards the end of June, so they were pretty quiet being goslings and all - It's next year that i'll find out just how bad they can be, although i'm pretty sure people have said it's pairing season now so I think i'm experiencing the worst of it anyway - I don't think you've got a whole lot to worry about.

Just an update guys - It's not a noise abatement this time but my Neighbour has now complained to the APHA twice (Animal, plant, Health association) that I am "not housing my poultry correctly and that I infact walk them around the area that I live" well.. that's what the first letter I got on 15th of January said, to be fair I walked them to the end of the street on Christmas day for a treat; Second letter goes on to complain that I "allow them to roam freely on my property" and considering that they've not been for a walk since Christmas day, there are only a handful of houses behind me that could possibly see them.... One being the neighbour I suspect (i've seen them looking out of their window at them quite regularly too before I got this letter)

Yes, i know there is an avian flu outbreak but I am not a commercial Poultry farmer and the avian flu guidelines say " as reasonably practicable"; Seems like that because the Noise abatement hasn't worked out for her, she's trying a different Avenue and I just needed the community to vent to! What is wrong with people!!!!?

Just an update guys - It's not a noise abatement this time but my Neighbour has now complained to the APHA twice (Animal, plant, Health association) that I am "not housing my poultry correctly and that I infact walk them around the area that I live" well.. that's what the first letter I got on 15th of January said, to be fair I walked them to the end of the street on Christmas day for a treat; Second letter goes on to complain that I "allow them to roam freely on my property" and considering that they've not been for a walk since Christmas day, there are only a handful of houses behind me that could possibly see them.... One being the neighbour I suspect (i've seen them looking out of their window at them quite regularly too before I got this letter)

Yes, i know there is an avian flu outbreak but I am not a commercial Poultry farmer and the avian flu guidelines say " as reasonably practicable"; Seems like that because the Noise abatement hasn't worked out for her, she's trying a different Avenue and I just needed the community to vent to! What is wrong with people!!!!?

I don’t know if you’re aware but overcrowded poultry farms are the primary breeding grounds of avian flu and is the source of every outbreak in the past, yes it’s possible birds on “hobby farms,” basically people’s pets, can contract and spread it but I remember reading an article by the cdc over here that proved against their own opinions that avian born epidemics originate and spread in factory farms, not backyards because small scale bird owners are quicker to identify, quarantine, and treat a sick bird whereas on a factory farm a hundred or more birds can fall ill and spread disease before it’s even noticed and something’s done about it, so your neighbor can shove her witch hunt tactics up her a**

Stop by for a visit you have been allot of help to many and your still always welcome here. Im glad you found them a good home. I hope you get to visit them at there new home. As for the folks that did that to you they would be the statutory nuisance. There just making a noise we all go out to the park to hear.

Im afraid to even let them out of the house at the moment because im afraid of what complaint will come through the letterbox next!

Gah so sorry you're dealing with all this. I'll never understand the busybodies of the world, like nothing you are doing can be that bothersome to the neighbors. Are you able to block their view from your yard at all?

Back
Top Bottom